Reasons Why I Love You Jar
The idea for this “Reasons Why I Love You Jar” came about years ago when we held a contest to gather some ideas from our brilliant readers. This gift became the winning gift idea in the “Quick and Easy” category. Our reader, Sarah Zimmerman, came up with this amazing idea that was inexpensive and easy to put together: a 50 Reasons Why I Love You Jar. This gift idea gives you a unique way to share with the ones you love reasons why you love them AND it includes delicious treats! Perfect, right? For that reason, we have now added our own Diva flair to Sarah’s original idea. Below you’ll find gorgeous printables to make and personalize your own “Reasons Why I Love You Jar” for someone you love!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
We are always looking for fun, unique and meaningful ways to show our spouses that we love them. What I love about this idea is how simple it is to put together. This could literally be done in less than 15 minutes but will be something they remember for a long time. And, with your choice of 3 different printable jar covers (designed by the amazing Carisa from Messes to Memories,) you can really personalize this gift idea to your own special occasion! Without question, you’ll want to save this cute gift idea on Pinterest!
Reasons I Love You Gift Idea
Making this quick and easy gift is practically effortless! Simply use a pack of 3/4″ garage sale stickers and write a reason why you love your spouse on each sticker. Then, place the stickers on some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and fill a jar with all of the candies. See? Practically effortless! 😉
By the way, Reisens candies would also be perfect for going inside this Reasons Why I Love You Jar! (Get it? Reisens = Reasons. Cute, huh?) And, the stickers would also fit perfectly on the bottom of a Hershey’s Kiss! So many different love jar ideas and options! All you have to do is choose your sweetie’s favorite treat in mini-size and sticker them up! That being said, start thinking of all those reasons you love your sweetie so you can fill up this Reasons Why I Love You Jar in a snap. And don’t forget: the reasons themselves are 1000% more important than the candy type. Trust us! 😉
Isn’t this such a cute idea? Every time your loved one reaches for a candy, they will be reminded why you love them! Not to mention, your sweetie will get a sweet treat and in turn, potentially give back a heartfelt message to YOU based on the Reasons Why I Love You gift you gave them! Win-win!
Customizable “I Love You” Gift
And that’s not all, you guys! It gets better! We have created three different printable download designs so that you can print and personalize your jar to your own situation! You’ll definitely want to save these printables on Pinterest to have a quick and easy gift idea up your sleeve down the roll. Truthfully, these printables really up the game when it comes to love jar ideas.
Check out the 3 different jar design options we have for you:
- 50 Reasons Why I Love You Jar – This was the original idea from our contest winner (in other words – our muse ;))
- Just a Few Reasons Why I Love You Gift – Numbers don’t matter, just fill the jar up! The notes in addition to, or without, the candies will bring so much joy!
- # Reasons Why I Love You Jar – This is the jar I am most excited about! Carisa has designed the printable to be editable! You can insert any number that you want! For example, 10! Or 365 (one for the full year!) I’m sure you are totally capable of coming up with 365 “Reasons Why I Love You” jar ideas, right? 😉 (By the way, 365 reasons might take a bigger jar!)
Reasons Why I Love You Gift Options
What I love most about this editable file is how versatile the uses could be AND how convenient they are to make. You can truly gift this to any loved one whenever you want! However, we have a few fun ideas that you can consider for your Reasons Why I Love You gift.
- As an Anniversary Gift – Using the editable file, you could do any number of candies for how long you have been married. 30 years = 30 Reasons Why I Love You.
- As a Birthday Gift – Match the number of chocolates/notes to their age. 35 years old = 35 Reasons Why I Love You
- As a New Year’s Gift Idea – Wouldn’t it be neat to make a 365 Reasons Why I Love You Jar and have them get a love note/eat one chocolate every day for a year!? Go ALL out! In fact, this might make it the best year ever!
- As a Long Distance Idea – If your spouse is leaving for a time (like a deployment or work trip) you could do a chocolate for each day they are away. If they are away for a month, you could do 30 Reasons Why I Love You and have them take one a day while they are away.
- 100 Reasons Why I Love You Jar – 100 is just symbolic of A LOT! Can you imagine how exciting it would be to receive 100 specific examples of love from your spouse?!
AND . . . while we are brainstorming ideas, why stop at your spouse? This gift idea would be a great idea for anyone in your life that you love and appreciate: a mother, father, friend, child, grandchild, neighbor, someone who needs to be cheered up–anyone really! So many possibilities! Who wouldn’t love something like this? Birthdays, anniversaries, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Just Because . . .
Lastly, not only is this a GREAT gift idea that is inexpensive, thoughtful, personal, and easy to put together, but it’s also yummy! What could be better than a thoughtful gesture and treats? Let us know in the comments how you personalized this gift idea! We would love to hear!