Picnic Ideas for Couple Picnic Dates
I don’t know about you but I have a Pinterest board full of picnic ideas because it’s always the perfect time for a picnic date!!! It could be cold, midnight, or raining and it would still be the perfect picnic setting! For those of you who don’t believe me, stick around and I’ll prove to you that a picnic date is perfect any time of the year! Here at The Dating Divas, we’ve collected EVERYTHING you could possibly think of to create 100 of the best picnic date ideas from picnicware to outfits to the perfect romantic picnic ideas and picnic spots! Seriously, these picnic ideas are the best of the best. Let’s take a look!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
In this round-up we’ve collected the TOP 7 categories of picnic ideas:
- 5 Picnic Date Ideas Brought Indoors
- 25 Picnics Date Ideas in the Great Outdoors
- 19 Picnic Date Ideas For Every Season
- 14 Romantic Picnic Ideas
- 14 Picnic Perfect Menu Ideas
- 9 Picnicware Date Items Ideas
- 11 Picnic Date Outfit Ideas
We seriously thought of everything needed for all of your future picnic ideas!
5 At-Home Picnic Ideas
Don’t want to leave the couch, no problem, we’ve still got plenty of indoor picnic ideas for you!!!
- Staycation Picnic– Vacation at home and make meals fun by adding in a picnic or two.
- The Birthday Suitcase – Turn a suitcase into the perfect picnic surprise. Great for any special occasion and pack it full of picnic lunch ideas!
- Picnic Style Birthday Party – Have a one of a kind birthday with a picnic party!
- The Picnic Date – Be a kid again and enjoy a few picnic date ideas that would appeal to both of you!
- Couch Picnic – So you don’t want to leave the couch, you don’t want to put in too much work, and you’re not sure if you can pull off a picnic! This lovely picnic idea is for you! You don’t even have to leave the couch to pull it off!
27 Outdoor Picnic Ideas
Staying inside can be a little stuffy, so let’s take your picnic date ideas outside for the perfect picnic for two!
- Hijack and Kidnap Him – Hijack and kidnap your spouse on a surprise date that will have the two of you tied up together while you enjoy your take out picnic.
- Bike Rides – Bike rides are the perfect accompaniment to any picnic date! Seriously, these picnic ideas for couples are just perfect!
- Balloon Themed Picnic – Can’t afford a hot air ballon ride? No biggie, have a balloon themed picnic, watch the movie up, and enjoy the best part of the night- each other!
- Old-School Picnic – A date packed with old-school picnic ideas is the perfect idea for a lazy afternoon.
- Rainy Day Picnic – Rain, rain go away…This picnic is full of umbrellas, invites the rain to stay, and is crammed with romantic picnic ideas!
- Rustic Picnic – Rustic flare with money to spare! We dare you to find picnic ideas more charming than this.
- Family Picnic – Colorful balloons, several blankets, and a dress-up theme make for a lovely afternoon picnic.
- Tree House Picnic Party – Build a tree house and celebrate your accomplishments with a picnic party!
- Picnic Pit Stop – Make a road trip with your sweetie a little more enjoyable with a picnic pit stop during your travels. Take a peek at these great on-the-road picnic ideas that would be great for couples!
- Pick-Up Date – Dining in the back of the pick-up or car with a comfortable setting is the perfect ingredient for date night! We love the romantic picnic ideas in this one!
- Date Night At The Drive-In – Add a little picnic flare to your next drive-in date! With a few little touches, your drive-in date becomes a little extra special!
- Spring Picnic – Go on a hike in the woods and take along a rustic picnic for two! Nature + picnic ideas for couples = a total win.
- Not Just For ‘Da Garden – Add a touch of roses to your picnic. Leave a trail of roses around the house for your spouse to discover. The first trail leads to a host of romantic picnic ideas. the second trail leads to a bubble bath for two.
- A Pretty Picnic – Stuck at home, no problem! Get in your backyard and create a bbq picnic for the two of you. Once date night is over, you’re allowed back inside, wink!
- Scavenger Hunt For You! – A creative scavenger hunt leading to a picnic in the backyard.
- Eco-Friendly Picnic – Save the trees and get a little green with this picnic. Start with an eco-friendly activity along with this eco-friendly picnic and you’ve got a date! You’ll love the recipes and the picnic lunch ideas found here too!
- Sunrise Picnic – Wake up before sunrise and enjoy an early morning breakfast picnic.
- Pink Picnic In the Park – Who says picnics need to include a full meal? Check out this lovely idea for a sweet dessert only picnic that takes the concept of cute picnic ideas to a whole new level.
- Picnic On The Top Of The World – Go on a full day hike up the mountain. Once you reach the top have a picnic overlooking the world!
- Mason Jar Picnic – Do you have mason jar fever? If so, you are going to love this mason jar picnic! Pack them with your favorite picnic lunch ideas and you’re ready to rock.
- Group Picnic – Grab your friends (and these printables) for a group-friendly picnic that’s out of this world!
- The Fishing Date – Enjoy a picnic that is all about quality time and a man loving theme!
- Picnic Party – This is the perfect picnic party idea ever!!! Steal a few of these picnic ideas, invite your friends, and it’s time to party!
- Afternoon Delight – Ditch work and prepare a surprise afternoon picnic for your sweetie! Enjoy a relaxing and romantic day off!
- Picnic Buffet – Picnics aren’t just fun for two, so host a picnic party! The picnic lunch ideas are TO DIE FOR.
- Impromptu Picnic – You want to have a picnic but don’t have time to spare, no biggie! Find a few quick recipes and picnic lunch ideas in this post, or head over to your nearest deli for an impromptu picnic.
- Backyard Picnic – No list of outdoor picnic ideas would be complete without a little backyard fun!
20 Seasonal Picnic Ideas
Picnics are perfect during the spring, summer, fall, or winter. The beauty of the seasons is that they are the best backdrop for your picnic date!
- Cloud Nine Picnic – This plane crazy for you date night will have you two flying planes, enjoying a picnic, joining the mile high club, and grabbing baggage claim. *Free printables*
- Vintage Easter Family Picnic – Hold an Easter picnic that the whole family will love. Seriously, we’re OBSESSED with these darling picnic ideas and you will be too!
- Urban Rooftop Picnic – Spring is the perfect time for a rooftop picnic with tons of flowers and a light meal.
- Summer Picnic and Party Games – Celebrate summer with an easy potluck picnic and fun party games that EVERYONE will enjoy!
- Cheapest Date Challenge – Having friends help lay out a picnic at the top of a mountain, allowing you to surprise your hubby after a hike with lunch while overlooking the city or valley is priceless
- Tailgating Picnic – This would be the best fourth of July idea ever! Let the tailgate down, put out the blankets, set out the food, and enjoy making and watching fireworks!
- Picnic in the Summer – Warm weather is coming and these summer-friendly picnic ideas will help you make the most of the season.
- 4th of July – Get into the fourth of July spirit, invite your best friends over, and enjoy a patriotic picnic.
- Bastille Day Picnic – Celebrate a holiday, any holiday, in picnic style. Head on over to this site to check out all of these darling ideas to help you celebrate Bastille day that will make you think you’re celebrating in France!
Fall & Winter
- Oktoberfest Theme Picnic – A fabulous Oktoberfest picnic awaits! Spice up a normal picnic with these creative picnic ideas!
- Autumn Picnic – Have a cheese tasting picnic amid the fall leaves!
- Pretty Fall Picnic – Create the best fall picnic with your favorite fall foods. Have a little fun eating and playing in the fall leaves!
- The Perfect Fall Picnic – Pack the perfect fall picnic with these fabulous ideas. My favorite is the candy apple dessert bar!
- Throw An Indoor Picnic – Baby, it’s cold outside! Stay cozy indoors and enjoy a lovely fall picnic party!
- Fall Picnic and Waterfall Tour – Nothing is as beautiful as hiking on a crisp fall day, especially when it ends in a waterfall!
- Winter Car Picnic – Want to ramp up the romance in your relationship? Try this quick and easy Winter Car Picnic packed with picnic ideas for couples! You don’t even have to leave your garage!
- A Winter Picnic – Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean the picnics are over! Grab your thickest blankets, hot cocoa, and a sled to make your picnic in the cold a good time!
- Polar Picnic – Don’t be afraid of the snow! Heat up with a little snowshoeing and a picnic in the mountains.
- Winter White Picnic – No need to stray too far from home to enjoy this cozy picnic. Set up a picnic on the back porch, grab the blankets, and hurry on in once you’re too cold!
- Ski Trip Picnic – Have a picnic in the snow. Go sledding, ice skating skiing, snowshoeing, or just play in the snow then cozy up to a fire to enjoy your picnic.
14 Romantic Picnic Ideas
Romance is in the air, so spice it up any picnic with a romantic spin! These romantic picnic date ideas are sure to bring a little sizzle to your romantic picnic date!
- Vintage Love Story Picnic – Have your very own vintage love story picnic? Make this extra romantic by bringing along a handwritten love letter for your date.
- Sweet Vintage Picnic – We’re in love with the romantic picnic ideas in this one! Make time for snuggling, cloud watching, and listening to your favorite tunes.
- Hot Air Balloon Picnic – Nothing is quite as romantic as a hot air balloon ride. Kick it up a notch with a picnic while overlooking the city below.
- Special Event Picnic – Enjoy a horse ride on the beach before picking your perfect picnic spot.
- Romantic Carriage Ride Picnic – Romance awaits during a picnic on a carriage ride for two!
- Provencal Picnic – Take a trip to France by recreating this lovely picnic inspired by the countrysides of Provence.
- Picnic On A Canoe – Row your boat, or make him row it! Have your picnic in a canoe or a kayak while lazily floating in the lake. Are those some romanic picnic ideas worth doing or what?!
- Sunset Bonfire Picnic – Become beach bums! Spend the day playing in the water and end the night with a picnic near a roaring bonfire. Don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Romantic Rooftop Date – An unforgettable night, under the stars, and a little picnic meal is what you’ll find in this romantic rooftop date idea.
- A Picnic Proposal – Pop the question, any special question, with these romantic picnic ideas and a picnic proposal!
- Picnic At The Falls – Take your partner’s breath away by preparing a simple, elegant, and yummy picnic to enjoy near a waterfall!
- Midnight Picnic – Sit back and relax with a little bit of romance under the stars. Don’t forget a few candles and a little bottle of bubbly to add to the atmosphere.
- Italian Picnic – Turn up the romance with this Italian themed picnic. Play Italian music, sit under a big tree, and enjoy your favorite bubbly. be prepared to sweep your date off their feet!
- Picnic Photo Session – Turn your next anniversary, baby announcement, birthday, or another special occasion into a picnic photo session. Your picnic celebration will capture memories that will last forever!
14 Picnic Lunch Ideas & Menus
One important picnic menu criteria is that it is travel-friendly. These picnic menus and picnic lunch ideas are perfect for on the go, easy as pie to put together, and sure to impress your picnic date!
- Seductive Picnic Eats For Two – 16 menu themes and picnic lunch ideas that spell romance one bite at a time!
- Romantic Picnic Ideas – Easy food ideas that will make packing your picnic a cinch!
- Spring Pasta – Packing a basket doesn’t get any easier with meals in a jar!
- Kate Spade Inspired Picnic Ideas – Pretty colors, a delicious menu, some fabulous picnic lunch ideas, and a few tips are all you need to pull off a stylish picnic!
- The Perfect Picnic – A menu for two that is perfect for a picnic. These dishes can be made-ahead, require minimal utensils, and are great for on the go.
- 13 Spring Picnic Ideas – Enjoy a romantic meal for two with recipes that are light and perfect while on the move.
- Planning the Perfect Romantic Picnic (Affordably!) – A set of picnic lunch ideas and gorgeous food list, perfect for those on a major budget!
- 50+ Fun Kids Picnic Ideas – Kids love picnics just as much as the adults. Check out this fabulous round-up for some amazing food and picnic lunch ideas, tips, and tricks for picnics kids are sure to love!
- Picnic Recipe Book – This fabulous book has 28 date ideas and 125 picnic recipes that will make any picnic a special occasion!
- Free-Wheeling Picnic Menu – If you want your meal to be the highlight this is the picnic for you. Not only is this fabulous but an easy meal too.
- Summer Picnic Menu – Cool off with a chilled menu that beats the summer heat!
- Delicious Beach Picnic – No fuss, no mess, fueled meal that is perfect for a day at the beach.
- No-Risk Picnics – Tips and tricks to pack, store, and keep your food safe!
- Cloud Nine Picnic in the Air – Take your man to cloud nine with this easy and yummy inflight picnic feast!
9 Picnicware Ideas
A few huge necessities of every picnic are invites, blankets, plates, and baskets. Grab a few of these needed picnic items and you’ll be picnic-ready on date night!
- Free Let’s Picnic Invitations – You can’t have a picnic without an invite! Check out this cute invite for your pretty picnic!
- The DIY Picnic Printables – Create personalized labels for your picnic items with this easy peasy step by step tutorial.
- Clip-On Picnic Utensils – These clip on picnic utensils couldn’t be any cuter! Hurry on over, make your own, and eat!
- Pockets of Fun – Picnic pockets will make packing your basket a whole lot easier. Take a peek at this how-to tutorial to make your own.
- Ready, Set, Picnic – Setting up a picnic doesn’t get easier than this! Find out just how easy putting together a picnic party can be!
- Picnic Backpack Cooler with Blanket For Two – This is a must picnic accessory to add to your list of picnic ideas for couples! Once you take a peek you will ditch your basket for this organized and fancy backpack!
- Outdoor Picnic Blanket – The perfect blanket for all of your picnic spots and the perfect addition to all of your romantic picnic ideas!
- Picnics Are For Lovers – A very detailed list of romantic places to hold a picnic and a comprehensive picnic packing list.
- Suitcase – Transform an old suitcase into the perfect picnic surprise!
11 Picnic Outfit Ideas
You’ve picked the perfect picnic location, time, and menu. Now it’s time to pick the perfect picnic outfit that will make you the star of your picnic date!
- Pretty Picnic – Just because it’s a picnic doesn’t mean you can’t dress to blow your date away. This is perfect for a Valentine’s Day picnic, any romantic picnic, or a wedding picnic.
- Picnic Primped – This is a girly outfit for those of you with a country flair!
- Romantic Impressions – A romantic outfit that is sure to impress your date.
- Picnic Outfit – A simple blue outfit with a few extras that will be perfect for a picnic date!
- Beach Days – Such a cute outfit that says, “Hello sandy picnics!”
- Sail Through – This adorable outfit will add just the right to a Spring picnic.
- Summer Picnic Outfit – Whether you are looking to dress up or be cute you’ll find this a perfect outfit!
- Vintage Picnic Attire – Step back in time and celebrate an old-fashioned picnic in style!
- Fashion Floral – An easy fashion option for any picnic occasion.
- Date Night Outfit – The perfect fall outfit that will make you the center of attention during your picnic adventure!
- Double Braided Crown – An easy step by step idea that will make you feel like a princess.
Bonus Sneak Peaks
We have two posts airing soon with picnic date themes! Aren’t you glad you stuck around?! Not only are we sharing awesome picnic date ideas but we are throwing in free printable bundles for each date idea! You’re welcome!!!
- A Watermelon Themed Picnic and Sweet Date – This watermelon themed date is a full day of fun with your man. There are four parts to this date, a country-themed picnic, an eating contest, a rodeo, and ends with a sweet nightcap. Your man is sure to love this date and the picnic ideas that come with it! Save the date for this post airing on the 28th, you don’t want to miss it!!!
- Back To School Party For Parents Only – Celebrate parents independence day with a party for adults only! Start the party with a lunch sack picnic, decadent bubbly drink, and a scrumptious dessert. Get to know each other better with a pop quiz all about your school days. Send everyone home with a school pass coupon book that will get parents through the hectic school year with a free pass to skip parent duties! Keep your eyes peeled for this post airing in Aug, your friends will be excited to join you in this picnic date party!
I am so excited to go on my next picnic date, aren’t you? I’m in love with so many of these picnic ideas!!! My dilemma is picking out what I’m going to do first. Help me out! What picnic date ideas are you stealing for your next picnic date???
Enjoy many and many picnic dates to come!!!