Take a Walk with Your Spouse Date Idea
Keep date night simple and invite your spouse out for a walk! Sometimes you might think you don’t have time to plan something extravagant for date night—no worries! Date night doesn’t have to be a big to-do, there are so many benefits of walking with your spouse, you should definitely make it a weekly tradition. We have a bunch of ideas to make your next walk a little more special. You’ll be hooked and walking might just become your favorite thing to do for date night.
When I was younger, my mom and dad often made time to go for walks together. As a teen, I didn’t really get why going for a walk together was something they put on their to-do list or even looked forward to, but they always came back from their date nights fresh and rejuvenated.
Benefits of Walking with Your Spouse
Now that I’m a bit older and wiser, I’ve actually experienced the benefits of just 15 minutes of fresh air, walking with my hubby and now I totally get it! Here are just a few of the benefits of walking with your spouse:
- Health Benefits: A walk gets your blood flowing, releases happy endorphins and fresh air always does a body good!
- Physical Connection: You remember when you first slipped your hand into your spouse’s, back when you were dating and you got butterflies. This simple connection helps relieve stress and increases feelings of love between two people. Holding hands is the best way to take a walk with your spouse and this simple act alone can make your walk romantic and special.
- No Distractions: It’s easy to put your phones away and just take time to focus on each other while you are taking a walk.
- Perfect Time To Talk: Take the opportunity, while you’ve got your spouse all to yourself to talk about some happy things going on in each other’s life! Make an effort to keep the conversation uplifting and show an interest in your spouse.
- Time To Be Grateful: When you’re out in nature, it’s so much easier to find things that you’re grateful for if you’re really looking! And you know what they say, ‘it is not happy people who are grateful, but grateful people who are happy.’ Taking a walk with your spouse will definitely increase the happiness in your life if you let it!
Tips for Walking with Your Spouse
So now that you know all about the benefits! Let’s talk about how to make your walk a bit more special. The first thing you need to do is send your spouse a digital invite. I’m sure this little invite will make them a little curious… which will amp up the excitement, even though it seems so simple!
We’ve included a fun list filled with ideas for things that you can do while on your walk! Read through the list and choose a few things to do! No matter what you do, we highly recommend holding hands on your walk.
We’ve also included two different kinds of walk challenges. There are 5 different “Things To Say” and “Things To Do” challenges! Choose a couple to complete on your walk… or if you’re feeling ambitious, do them all!
The whole point of taking a walk is to focus on your spouse and connect in a simple way. These are just a few ways to get you started connecting!
We’ve got one more special idea for your walking date! One of our favorite things to do while on a walk is to leave compliment cards for people to find on their cars.
This is a great way to lift others up and it makes you feel good, too. We’ve included 3 different compliment cards. Choose your favorite or leave all 3!
Now that we’ve shared a bunch of fun ideas! Print them on some nice cardstock and you’re ready to take your spouse on a walk tonight. Don’t forget to send them their invite!