May 19, 2011

Appreciating Love

Kiirsten-AppreciatingLove-PinterestPic

Q. What do you do when you hear of a DAAANG good idea that you just KNOW would give your marriage that extra warm-fuzzy feeling?

A. You GET ON IT, girl!  What a perfect way to kick off your summer!

We received this powerful {yet beautifully simple} idea from one of our beloved readers, Myriam Comito.  She turned a lovely journal into an even lovelier gift for her marriage by making it into an Appreciation Journal she and her Mr. could both use to share their gratitude on everyday things with each other – things that otherwise might go unnoticed or at least unsaid.

Yes, beautiful genius!

I have no doubt that this idea is more than worth the few minutes at a time of easy effort you’ll spend filling it in.  You simply let the little book work its magic as you both enjoy reading each other’s entries and noticing things to appreciate about one another.  Myriam even drew little illustrations with her entries (AWWW!)  How fun to look back years down the road and remember the small things that brought you closer together day by day.  You may be thinking “Divas LOVE couple’s journals!”  It’s TRUE!  Written words are powerful! Check out similar ideas from Cori here and Cami here.

Grab yourself a fun little journal and let the warm fuzzies multiply!

If you have a FaBuLoUs idea that you’d like to share and see highlighted on The Dating Divas, make a little visit *here*… We can’t wait to hear all about it!

6 Responses to “Appreciating Love”

Such a sweet idea and your children will CHERISH this when they are all grown up! Love it!

2. Chelsea says:

I love this idea. I have a blog dedicated to my hubby and the cute things he does or the reasons I love him, but this is a great idea too. Thanks for sharing!

3. Mackenzie says:

This is such a great idea! Great for you, great for your spouse, great for the whole family! Wow. I am so doing this.

4. Kimberley says:

My husband and I started a journal when we were married. It had Mr on one side and Mrs on the other.
    My first entry was all about our recent holiday and that we were talking alot about children and I wrote down the names we had liked, how many we would like etc. Funnily enough 3 weeks later we found out we were Pregnant!! We had fallen pregnant the night I wrote the entry! We love love love the journal now and have written everything in it, Our hopes and dreams as a family and as a couple.

5. Heather E. says:

This is like our shared 1000 Gifts journal. It would build such intimacy to know what the other is thankful for in every area of our life. Thanks!

6. Sarah says:

My hubby and I have had a marriage journal since we got married. It is a fabulous reflection of our life. The ups, the downs and all the in betweens :-) Some days we read back through and see how far we have come. It is an amazing blessing to our marriage.