OUR TOP COUPLES BUDGETING BOOKS
I love books! Budgeting, not so much. Did you know that 70% of couples argue about money more than anything else? Obviously, discussing finances is something we all need to learn to do in order to strengthen our marriages and ensure we are on the same page with our spouse.
Because of this, we searched and identified our top 10 budgeting books for couples and we are certain you are going to love them! Not only would we consider these the best financial books out there, but they can be read together before bed or read separately to discuss later. Couples who budget together, stay together, right?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
We know “managing money books” are not the sexiest types of books to look for or read with your partner, but they are so helpful and important! Let’s get right to it!
Top 10 MANAGING MONEY BOOKS
Check out our favorite personal finance books below, and find one that works best for you and your relationship.
1. Smart Couples Finish Rich – If you’ve ever read books on finance before, you’ve probably heard of David Bach’s popular book The Automatic Millionaire. Written by the same author, this newer book focuses on a lot of those same principles and how they apply to couples. David Bach writes some of the best financial books, so we can’t recommend this one enough!
2. Financial Essentials for Couples – This book is a straightforward guide to all things finances for couples. It covers everything from deciding how bills are shared to setting up retirement accounts. Think of this as taking Finance 101 together!
3. Jumpstart Your Marriage & Your Money – When it comes to managing money books, we really love this one because it lays out a simple 4-week guide to get your finances on track together. Plus, it outlines money dates you can do together, so you know The Dating Divas approve!
4. Budgeting for Couples 101 – This book focuses on working together to achieve your money goals. This is a great option for a couple who has one frugal spouse and one who loves to spend. Use the skills you will learn in this book to get on the same page and find a budget you both agree on.
5. Couples Financial Success Guide – This book is for those who want to get right to the meat of the money topic! If you’re looking for future financial freedom and not just a monthly budget for now, this book is a great option.
6. The Heart of Money – This book really focuses not only on finances but on your relationship. If money has long been an issue that leads to stress and arguments, this book can help you reframe the way you think and talk about money together.
7. Couples Money – Written by a married couple who are experts in the financial industry, this book shares stories that can help you and your partner find financial success. This would also make a great wedding gift for a couple to learn about marriage finances from the start.
8. Financially Ever After – This book focuses on giving you the knowledge and tools to be able to discuss marriage finances without it leading to a fight. There are even scripts for ideas on how to approach difficult topics. This book is another great option for a couple who feels like they can never discuss finances without causing contention.
9. Money Problems, Marriage Solutions – Written by another married couple for a Christian audience, this book presents 7 actionable solutions to find harmony in your marriage.
10. Budget Planner Book – Did you find a book above that you can’t wait to dig in to? Grab a budget planner book, and use all the things you’ll learn to stay organized and on track together! A budget planner will end up being one of the best personal finance books you can own.
There you have it, our 10 favorite budgeting books for couples to strengthen your marriage and prevent fights about money!
We truly believe budgeting together can strengthen your marriage, and we are here for it!