Ideas for Winter Engagement Photos
Are you and your sweetie looking to find the perfect inspiration for your winter engagement photos? You’ve come to the right place! This list of 50 winter images will show you that you can have a stunning and seamless engagement shoot no matter the season. From snowy mountaintops to snuggly indoor settings, we promise you’ll find ideas that will warm your heart and give you the photos you’ve been dreaming of. So grab a cup of cocoa, slip into your coziest pair of socks, and get ready to browse this list of the best-ever winter engagement photo ideas.
1. Snowy Staircase (Truly Photography) – Try posing on an outdoor staircase for an extra dash of interest.
2. Snow-Topped Log (Loriana Marie Photography) – Embrace your sweetie while sitting on a snow-topped log–just make sure to bring a warm blanket to sit on!
3. Mountaintop Kiss (EK Studios) – Show everyone just how grand your love is by featuring snow-topped mountain peaks in the background.
4. Leafy Trail (Claudia Farr Photography) – No snow? No problem! A leafy trail or wooded area makes for the perfect winter engagement photo.
5. All Wrapped Up (Jean Smith Photography) – How charming is this idea?! The cozy blanket keeps things toasty while the twinkle lights add a magical effect.
6. New Heights (Erin Wallis Photography) – Marriage is the adventure of a lifetime! Try playing on that idea by utilizing an airplane or chopper in your winter image.
7. Snow White & Rose Red (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – We’re absolutely obsessed with the contrast of roses and snow in this photo.
8. Winter Joy (Rachel Lindsey Photography) – For a simple yet gorgeous idea, try smiling at your sweetheart in a snowy, wooded area.
9. City Stroll (Kaderbek Photography) – If you’re near a big city and looking for a modern winter engagement photo idea, this is the one for you!
10. Snowy Field Fairy Tale (Milashka Photography) – Opting for more formal attire and adding fur will make for one stunning photo.
11. Winter’s Kiss (Truly Photography) – The weather may be chilly, but a kiss from your sweetheart will warm you up in no time.
12. Fallen Leaf Fountain (Melissa Jill Photography) – This is another fantastic winter engagement photo option if you live near a bigger city.
13. Beachy Bliss (Rachel Pourchier Photography) – No snow? No problem! This winter image is a great one for beach dwellers.
14. Counter Kisses (Nicole Ashley Photography) – Slide on up to a bar or counter with your sweetheart for a warm, yet wintry vibe to your photos.
15. Sweet Sitting (EK Studios) – Showcase some of that winter footwear with this sweet and simple pose.
16. Fur-Trimmed Forest (Jean Smith Photography) – Throw on some fur-trimmed coats and beanies and head to the woods for a shot that looks organic and beautiful.
17. Two at the Trailhead (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – Try posing at the start of a trailhead or in front of a gate for some extra visual interest.
18. He & She on the Shore (Rachel Pourchier Photography) – This is another gorgeous winter image idea for couples who live in close proximity to the seashore.
19. Pups in Paradise (Rowell Photo) – Why not get the whole furry family involved?!
20. Us Against the World (Erin Wallis Photography) – Showcase the grandeur of your relationship with a stunning shot like this one.
21. I Log You (Loriana Marie Photography) – Showcasing your shoes is always a great choice. Throw on some boots and try standing on a stump for added fun!
22. Winter’s Glow (Claudia Farr Photography) – Ask your photographer about shooting a backlit image for a warm winter glow as you see below.
23. Snowy Stroll (Truly Photography) – Pops of color against the white snow are such a visual treat! Try throwing on a floor-length dress for an extra touch of glamour.
24. Winter Laughter (Nicole Ashley Photography) – Ensure you and your spouse-to-be are showcased by opting for a simple background.
25. Christmas Joy (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – Getting married around Christmastime? Consider having a festive photo shoot like this one!
26. Beanies & Bliss (Jean Smith Photography) – We love how candid this photo feels, especially with the cozy winterwear!
27. Camping Cuties (EK Studios) – Outdoorsy couples will love this themed setup.
28. Winter Wheat (Deanna Loren Photography) – Try standing among tall reeds or in a wheat field for a stunning yet simple backdrop.
29. Stone Stairwell (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – How gorgeous are these moss-covered steps?!
30. You, Me, and the Mountains (EK Studios) – This is another stunning setup that showcases mountains. They really do make for the perfect backdrop!
31. Cocoa Cuties (Jean Smith Photography) – Try something different and ask for a photo that shows your hands clutching mugs of cocoa. So cozy!
32. Piggyback Bliss (Rowell Photo) – Head to an open field and get silly to recreate a winter engagement photo like you see below.
33. Seated Sweet Nothings (Nicole Ashley Photography) – If the weather is just too darn cold to go outside, stay in! You can still capture a heartwarming and beautiful photo in the comfort of your own home.
34. Sunny Snow Day (Truly Photography) – Dark and stormy days can make for some great winter images, but sunny days can be equally stunning!
35. S’more Lovin’ (Jean Smith Photography) – How fun is this idea? Bundle up, make some s’mores together, and have your photographer capture all the fun.
36. City Skyline (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – Yet another magnificent winter shot taken in urban surroundings.
37. Snowfall Smiles (EK Studios) – To recreate the photo below, have your photographer or their assistant toss some snow in front of you and your fiance, and get clicking as it cascades down!
38. Winter Walk (Nicole Ashley Photography) – This is such a simple setup, but the choice of attire and city backdrop turn it into something that’s truly stunning.
39. Sandy Smiles (Jean Smith Photography) – Throw on some sweaters and head to the beach for a wintry shot that’ll give you all the feels.
40. Bridging the Gap (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – See if you can find a stable log or fallen tree to act as a natural bridge for an extra dose of interest.
41. Young Love & Laughs (EK Studios) – A bright color like red really stands out nicely against a snowy backdrop.
43. Snowfall-ing in Love (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – Is the snow coming down? Perfect! This idea shows that you can still create a magical winter engagement photo even during active snowfall.
42. Golden Moments (Jamie Tervort Photography) – The combination of pine, snow, and brush is truly spectacular.
44. Snuggly Smiles (Jean Smith Photography) – How fantastic is this winter engagement photo?! All you need is you, your sweetheart, a blanket, and a smile.
45. Fields of Red (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – White and red are truly a mesmerizing combination.
46. Mountain Lake Love (EK Studios) – Try posing in front of a mountain lake for a beautiful winter backdrop.
47. Deck Darlings (Jenna Hidinger Photography) – Get close to water but not too close! Try standing on a bridge or deck.
48. Forest Lovers (Anastasia Strate Photography) – We’re obsessed with the combination of a more formal dress in the snow. So glamorous!
49. Winter Embrace (Rachel Lindsey Photography) – Once again, the combination of gold, red, and green makes for a lovely winter engagement photo.
50. Journey Together (Jamie Tervort Photography) – Celebrate this new journey you’re embarking on by walking along a winding road.
For even more great photo inspo, be sure and check out our list of 110 Must-Have Wedding Photos and How to DIY Boudoir Photos at Home!