National Best Friends Day 2021
There is a day set aside to celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, and now best friends day! Get ready to plan the best day you and your bestie have ever seen. We’re talking a bucket list, cards, social media shoutouts, and more! Keep scrolling for the ultimate list of Best Friends Day celebration ideas and free printables!
When is National Best Friends Day?
A girl’s best friend is the person they can turn to no matter what. That type of dedication and love is something special and definitely deserves celebrating. I love knowing that I am there for the special people in my life, so this year I wanted to make sure to return the favor.
National Best Friends Day is on June 8th
and this post has everything you need to pull off the PERFECT DAY with your bestie!
What to Do for National Best Friends Day
Now that we know it’s important to celebrate those wonderful BFFs that have stood the test of time with us, what should you do for National Best Friends Day? We created the ultimate “Top Ten” list!
Top 10 Ideas for Best Friends Day
- Grab lunch
- Take a sunrise hike
- Do some random acts of kindness together
- Go on a shopping spree
- Have a dance party
- Play a game together
- Order dinner for each other
- Go out for a special treat
- Make time for a special phone call/FaceTime
- Watch your favorite movie for a movie night at home
Complete a Best Friends Day Bucket List
If you are lucky enough to live close by your bestie, we thought you might like a day planned out for the both of you! With this National BFF Day bucket list, you both are for sure getting spoiled AND having the best day together!
Print off this adorable bucket list and go to town! Courtney from Paperelli created it (so cute!) and these 5 ideas can be done anywhere and in any order!
- Take time to review your “Memory Moments.” What are some of your favorite memories together or of each other?
- Have a little photoshoot. This doesn’t have to be anything fancy (though it totally could be). Prop up your phone, set a timer, and take pictures with your ultimate BFF on National Best Friends Day.
- Grab a yummy drink together. You could even order for each other and keep it secret what your order. Do you know what your BFF’s favorite drink is?
- Get your nails done! We love the thought of getting pedis together because a) It’s summer, and we need cute toes, and b) It’s the perfect activity where you can sit by each other, get pampered, and still have the ability to chit chat!
- Top off your time together with some delicious desserts. And yes, it is fine if you both order more than 1. The more the merrier totally applies when it comes to desserts. 😉
FYI, there are two versions of the printable bucket list: a prepped one and a blank one for you to fill up with your own ideas. You can also just download the digital version (linked below) and keep track on your phone. It would be really fun to text your bestie the bucket list so they can get excited about your day out!
Social Media Templates & Cards for a BFF Shoutout
If you don’t have the chance to be with your bestie (or even if you do!), we wanted to give you a chance to recognize them on Best Friends Day via a social media shout out. We created four adorable social media templates you could post on your social media profile highlighting your BFF! How fun is that?
These sweet Instagram story post templates allow you to pop in your favorite photos, your friend’s handle, and post away! It’s a quick and easy way to make a big statement and thank them for being the peanut butter to your jelly. 😉
Linked below there are also two adorable cards that you can snail-mail to your bestie ahead of time. Can you imagine how exciting it would be to have actual mail from your best friend? It’s the best!
Make your BFF’s day with both a social shoutout AND a card this National Best Friends Day!
Celebrate National Best Friends Day With Your Spouse
We wouldn’t be the Divas if we didn’t think of a way to include your spouse in your National Best Friends Day 2021 celebrations! You know we have your back! After spending some wonderful time with your girlfriend, go home to that forever best friend of yours for some one-on-one time.
We created an adorable Best Friends Day Couple Survey that you and your spouse could complete for a fun date! Go through the list and write down your answers, and then compare! It will bring up some great memories, answer a few questions, and question #10 might just lead so some very special time together. 😉
You could also have a special gift ready for your sweetie on Best Friends Day. Here are some of our favorite gifts for men that would be perfect for National Best Friends Day!
- A special print all about love
- A year of date nights that are planned out for you
- A road trip that is all planned and prepped
- “Open when…” Letters
- A 5 senses gift
- A bucket list to conquer together
More important than the gifts, the games, or the treats, is just spending time together. Enjoy Best Friends Day with the ones that you love!
Now check out all the FREE printables and templates linked below!
Didn’t know Best Friend’s Day was a thing but I will have to celebrate it this year!
Isn’t it such a sweet holiday? Have fun!
What a FUN holiday!!! I love this so much!
I didn’t realize that there was a whole holiday dedicated to this!! LOOOOOVE IT!! Thanks for all the fun ideas! I’m totally going to celebrate this year! 😉
That best friend bucket list is so cute!