Fun & Easy 2 Player Card Games
When it comes to games for two people, we hope you’ll find something in here you like and give it a try together for your next at-home date night!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
1. Set – If you are into mind games, then this game is for you. Set is a game where you look at 12 cards and try to find a set of three cards where all are the same or all completely different in color and shape. This 2 player game is fast-paced and challenging and will keep you on your feet on game night! Check out the rules here.
2. Blink – This is another fast-paced game designed to keep you on your toes. Blink is very similar to the face card game speed. The whole object of the game is to get rid of the cards that are dealt to you. You do that by matching up the color and number of objects on the cards. This is a super fun game that is challenging for anyone. Be sure to check out the rules here.
3. Phase 10 – Phase 10 is one of our favorite two-person games. The object of the game is to be the first player to complete all 10 Phases. In the case of a tie, the player with the lowest score is the winner. Each player tries to complete the phase by combining the 10 cards they are dealt from the deck to make each of the 10 different phases. For example: if the phase says to get 2 sets of 3, you can get 3 two’s and 3 fours. You start each hand by picking up 1 card from the deck or the discard pile. To end your turn, you must discard one card. Click here for more directions on how to play this super fun game.
4. Skip-Bo – What’s great about this game is it takes very little skill, so if you want to have a super chill game night – this game is perfect! The object of the game is to be the first player to play every card in your pile by playing all of your cards in numerical order. The cards are numbered 1 to 12. For more directions, click here.
5. Monopoly Deal – If you like Monopoly but might have a few reservations about the game (like the length, for example), then this is the game for you! Monopoly Deal combines the best parts of Monopoly with your own strategies of how to ‘out smart’ your opponent. Check out more of the rules here.
6. Five Crowns – Five Crowns is a fast-paced card game that has a deck with 5 suits instead of 4. Changing up the deck allows many more options for arranging hands of sets or sequences. If you make the right combinations, you will be the first to go out, and you win. To learn more, go here.
7. Golf – What’s great about golf is that you can play with you and your loved one for date night or make it a big group game night on different occasions. The object of the game is to get the best (lowest) score over the course of 9 rounds. If you do that, you win. For more instructions, click here.
6 Two Player Board Games
If card games are just a little too simple for you, then any of these 2 player board games might do the trick!
8. Stratego – This is one of those two-person games that even the kids can get into! Each player has an army of pieces, and each one has a different numerical value to it. You move your men around and try to find the flag on your opponent’s side without losing your own flag in the process. Here are more directions to read.
9. Ticket To Ride – In this game, you go on a cross-country train adventure where each player collects and plays matching train cards to win railway routes that connect cities throughout North America. The longer the routes, the more points you win. As a bonus, the longest continuous train gets added points at the end. Click here for more directions.
10. Ticket To Ride – Europe – In this game, you go on a train adventure through turn of the century Europe. In the European version, there are so many extra elements that make the game more exciting. For example, you have to navigate tunnels, ferries, and stations. For more in-depth instructions, click here.
11. Scrabble – When it comes to games for two people, my list wouldn’t be complete without a few classic games like Scrabble. Scrabble is a fun word game that tests your spelling, vocabulary, and spatial skills all at once! The object of the game is to get as many points as possible. You achieve that by spelling words using word tiles, but you have to watch out because the person you are playing with just might block you. Click here for more instructions.
12. Blokus – In Blokus, your visual and spatial skills are tested. The object of the game is to place as many of your 21 different shaped tiles onto the board. It sounds easy enough, but not when you are playing another person and realize your shapes can only touch each other by their corners. Here are more directions for you to read.
13. Othello – In Othello, you use the board and your own colored piece to ‘capture’ your opponent’s pieces and make them yours. Don’t get too comfortable though because they can capture them back (and more) on their turn. To learn more, go here.
BEST SPECIALTY GAMES FOR 2 PEOPLE
Here are a few of my favorite specialty games for 2 people!
14. Rummikub – Here, you use numbered tiles to make sets and matches. The object of the game is to place down all of your tiles before your opponent. You win once you have accomplished this, and no more extra tiles remain. Click here to learn more.
17. Boggle – Use this specialized game and letter cubes to see how many words you can find within the letter tiles. After a set amount of time, you will read your list of words to your opponent. If you have the same word, you both cross it off. The player with the most amount of points wins. Here are more directions for you to read.
19. Bananagrams – This fun game is very similar to Scrabble and Boggle, except you build your own board right in front of you. Use the tiles to make your own interlocking crossword. The object of the game is to get as many points as possible by spelling words out with the tiles. Click here to learn more.
20. Qwirkle – Qwirkle is a super fun game where you use your thinking skills to add blocks to the grid to score the most points. You have to keep your wits about you so your opponent doesn’t outsmart you and block your moves. Learn more here.
As you can see, this list of the best 2 player board games and card games is perfect for you and your sweetie to enjoy for endless game night date nights.
For even more fun game nights, check out:
OUR FAVORITE GAME ROUND-UPS:
- Single Player Card Games
- 50 Two-Player Card Games
- 75 Sexy Bedroom Games for Couples
- Fun Four-Player Card Games
- 50 Crazy Fun Family Games
- 101 Fun Family Games
- Best Backyard Games
- 65 Outdoor Party Games
- Indoor Games for Kids
- 33 Halloween Party Games
- 66 Halloween Family Games
- Thanksgiving Family Games
- 50 Christmas Party Games
- 50 New Year’s Eve Games