Boredom Busters to Keep Your Kids Occupied This Spring Break!
Not sure how to keep those kiddos busy this Spring Break? In charge of playgroup and at a complete loss as to what to plan? We have you covered! We have put together the ultimate list of unique spring break boredom busters for kids! If you have kids, you’re probably familiar with the phrase “I’m bored!” Every kid says it… so you might as well be equipped with some ideas for those moments. Now, of course, we don’t suggest that you whip out a new idea for your kids every time they say they’re bored. A little boredom is good for kids, it helps them develop independence and problem-solving skills. But there are times when you might want to take advantage and make a few memories! Bust the boredom and help kids with their creativity… we’ve got some ideas for you!
Whether your kids enjoy a good craft, an art project, being outside or playing around with science, we’ve got you covered! We’ve even divided them into categories for you, including:
- 10 Artsy Spring Break Boredom Busters
- 10 Craft Spring Break Boredom Busters
- 10 Educational Spring Break Boredom Busters
- 10 Indoor Spring Break Boredom Busters
- 10 Outdoor Spring Break Boredom Busters
- 10 Big Group Spring Break Boredom Busters
Get ready for the best spring break yet; rain or shine!
10 Artsy Spring Break Boredom Busters for Kids
Pull out those art supplies and get ready for some fun! The best part is most of these can be done with items you already have around the house!
1. Paint Filled Eggs on Canvas – your kids will love the opportunity to throw some eggs while creating a beautiful piece of artwork! Find paint, Here and have it on your doorstep in 2 days!
2. Make Your Own Stickers – A unique and easy art project for any age!
3. Painting with trucks – the kids LOVE this!
4. Paintsicles – Frozen paint cubes for creative fun.
5. Painting with Bubbles – Add an extra twist to painting!
6. Rainbow Toast – Link is no longer available 🙁 Edible milk homemade recipe.
7. Homemade Puffy Paint – A unique shaving cream art project.
8. Rolling Pin Yarn Prints – Make vibrantly colored prints with rolling pins and yarn.
9. Clothespin String Art – A unique and fun art project your kids will love!
10. Bubble Wrap Stomp Paint Project – The perfect art project for a kid on the move!
10 Craft Spring Break Boredom Busters for Kids
12. Paper Beads – A unique way to create homemade jewelry.
13. Toilet Tube Animals – Recycle while enjoying this fun craft!
14. Egg Crate Garden – Make An Egg Crate Garden For Spring!
15. DIY Bookmarks – Get the kids excited to start on those book lists for school!
16. DIY Car Mat – A unique activity mat!
17. Cork and Button Flowers – Bring spring inside this year!
18. DIY Pinwheels – Your kids will love how these turn out!
19. Rainbow Wind Catchers – A great opportunity to learn and craft at the same time! Rainbow Crepe Paper, Here!
20. Jelly Bean Bracelets – Easy & delicious!
10 Educational Spring Break Boredom Busters for Kids
22. Recycled Crayons – A great way to use up your old supplies & have some fun!
23. Sight Word Hop Scotch – Get practicing on that word list the fun way! And Here is our fave Chalk.
24. How water moves – Learn all about how water moves through leaves with this fun experiment!
25. Letter Match – Egg Alphabet matching to add to your busy bag or for a rainy day!
26. Balloon Experiments – Find out what happens to these balloons once you add candy!
27. Painted Daises – A unique science experiment for any age group!
28. Marbled Milk Paper – Have a quick and easy science lesson at home today!
29. Play Dough Name Practice– Have a little one at home who needs to learn some spelling? Pull out the cookie cutters and play dough!
30. Color Match – Work on fine motor skills while learning colors!
10 Indoor Spring Break Boredom Busters for Kids
32. Pool Noodle Water Wall – Link is no longer available 🙁 A fun activity for bath time!
33. Plastic Egg Stacking Game – Pull out those old plastic easter eggs for this one!
34. Balloon Mayhem – Link is no longer available 🙁 But just play keep the balloons off the ground and you are set! Keep the kids active even though they are inside!
35. Marshmallow Catapult – Your kids will love creating their own!
36. Indoor Puddle Jumping – Your kids will love running around the house!
37. Homemade TV Dinners – Make meal time an adventure!
38. Marble Maze – Make it as easy or complicated as you please!
39. Cardboard Slide – A great activity when you can’t go to the playground!
40. Paper Airplane Race – Link is no longer available but all you need is some paper and you’re good to go! A great hands-on activity for all ages!
10 Outdoor Spring Break Boredom Busters for Kids
42. Balloon Dart Painting – Enjoy getting a little messy!
43. DIY Mini Golf – Link is no longer available 🙁
44. Nature Scavenger Hunt – A great idea for any setting!
45. Outdoor Game Board – The kids will love being able to create their own!
46. Practice Passing Tarp – Turn it into a contest!
47. Homemade bubble station – Link is no longer available 🙁 keep the bubbles coming!
48. Marble Race – A unique idea to get the kids excited!
49. DIY ring toss – A fun competition for any age!
50. DIY Sidewalk chalk – Make all your favorite colors with this easy recipe!
10 Big Group Spring Break Boredom Busters for Kids
52. Stumps Tug-of-War – This game isn’t just about strength!
53. Water Balloon Piñata – Cool off in a unique way!
54. Giant Pick Up Sticks – Your kids will keep asking to play again!
55. Giant Bubbles – A fun way to create your own bubbles!
56. Life Size Angry Birds – Get ready to enjoy this popular game!
57. Homemade Outdoor Twister – Have a blast with this classic!
58. Hit the can party game – This one is a blast!
59. Tic Tac Toe Frisbee – An old game with a fun twist!
60. Super giant slip and slide – If it’s sunny pull out this fun idea!