No date is complete without a little “special” time. So, spice it up with these amazing DIY body paint ideas that will be sure to knock your spouse’s socks right off! We have three different homemade body paint recipes. Including chocolate body paint recipes, edible body paint recipes, and nonedible body paint recipes. Say what?! Yep, this will please all you sweet tooths, chocolate lovers, and romantics alike! Use our body paint ideas as a full intimate bedroom game and date night, or as a quick and fun activity to reconnect! It’s so good to relax, unwind, and have your hands all over each other!
DIY Body Paint Recipes
We came up with three different body paint ideas for you to try. Depending on what you are looking for during your night of hot, spicy body painting, we’ve got the DIY body paint recipe for you! Each of the body paint ideas comes with a recipe card and tag for the paint!
These are your options:
Let’s break down these body paint ideas for you, if you are wanting a truly delicious body painting recipe, go for the chocolate body paint. However, you are needing a little color in your body paint palette, but still want to be able to lick it off, the edible body paint recipe is for you! Finally, if you are feeling creative and want your sweetheart’s body to be your canvas, the non-edible body paint is the simplest, most colorful option!
Chocolate Body Paint Recipe
This recipe is perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth, and for a sexy night of fun, you won’t ever forget!
Here are the supplies and directions that you will need:
- ⅓ cup of sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 4-6 Tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons butter
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon of flavoring
- In a saucepan combine sugar, salt, and water over medium heat. Next, bring it to a boil, then reduce heat and let it simmer until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the butter, stirring until melted and fully combined.
- Add the cocoa and optional flavorings (almond, lemon, peppermint, etc.).
- When fully combined and smooth, pour into a mason jar or other heat safe container.
- When you are ready to use, heat it for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between.
Simple as that! We’re telling you, these body paint ideas are totally worth the effort! Now for the most fun bedroom game you’ve ever played, scroll to the bottom of this post to check out how to play using your body paints!
Edible Body Paint Recipe
Sometimes you just need some color on your palette… or on your partner’s body… to lick off! Hey, we get it! Whip up this edible body paint and put your lovely, yummy colors to use with the body painting game below!
Here’s what you need to grab to make your own edible body paint:
- 3 Tablespoons beeswax
- 3 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey powder
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa butter
- ½ teaspoon flavoring
- Natural food coloring
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce the heat down to low.
- Add beeswax, coconut oil, and cocoa butter to a mason jar, or other heat safe container.
- Put the mason jar with the solid ingredients into the water. Allow the water to heat the outside of the jar without letting any water in.
- Stir the ingredients until they are melted.
- Remove the mason jar from the water and add the honey powder.
- Add flavoring (lemon extract, almond extract, peppermint, etc.)
- Add food coloring until you create your desired color. You can also crush up fruit for a natural way to color the paint!
A note here, for the colored body paint ideas, be careful how you color them! Make sure you are using a food coloring or natural coloring that won’t stain the skin! Otherwise, you may be getting some funny looks, or questions in the morning!
Non-Edible Body Paint Recipe
This recipe may not be edible, but it is super simple. Let’s be honest, we don’t always have an hour to experiment with and cook up different body paints. No problem! We’ve included this among our body paint ideas because although you can’t lick it off, it is ultra quick to whip up, and just about everyone already has the ingredients on-hand! Now that’s a winner!
Here’s what you need:
- Corn starch
- Face lotion
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Natural food coloring or washable paint
- Mix together equal amounts of corn starch and lotion until it forms a thick mixture.
- Add vegetable oil to the thick paint base to keep it smooth.
- Add washable paint to the mixture.
- You can also divide the paint base prior to step 3 and add different colors to the divided paint base so you can have a variety of body paints!
Again, be careful to use colors that will wash off easily or use natural colorings! Remember once the body paint is on a body it spreads out and can be hard to see if you haven’t used tons of coloring. For a darker, better body paint make it highly pigmented!
Body Paint Bedroom Games
Now that you have your body paints ready it’s time to put them to work! You are in for some fun with these body paint ideas! Print out the game printables below. Cut out each of the cards and stack them up in two different piles. One pile will be the body part cards and the other will be the paint prompt cards. The body part cards have body different body parts listed on them, while the paint prompt cards give you different things that you must paint onto your spouse’s body.
Take turns picking one body part card and one paint prompt card. Paint the prompt from the card onto whatever body part of your partner that you drew. For example, you may be to paint a monster on your partner’s stomach. Go back and forth painting the night away! If your body paint is edible, lick off your painting when you are done!
If you loved these DIY body paint ideas and recipes and you want to add even more romance to the evening get some awesome paint brushesand maybe even some highlighters and a black light! You’ve never heard of that? You must check out our Go Picasso Date Night! Another sexy favorite is our Glowing Black Light Bath! It is such a cool, fun, and easy way to bring back the spark in your date night!