Homemade Christmas Gifts for Your Sweetie
Sleigh bells are ringing, snow is falling, and shops are selling all their best goods. That’s right! Christmastime is here, and it’s time to start thinking about what you will give your sweetheart this year. Your spouse might be singing, “All I want for Christmas is you!” but we know you would like to give them a little more… a homemade gift from your heart. So, we’ve rounded up a list of 40 creative homemade Christmas gifts to give your spouse!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
For your convenience, we’ve broken the list into four categories so you can easily navigate through this amazing list! So go ahead and check it out!
Table of Contents
Homemade Christmas Gifts: Sentimental
1. Kitchen Love Subway Art (Chicken Scratch NY): Remind your spouse that you two go together just like popcorn and butter or beans and rice with this homemade Christmas gift.
2. Love Letters 2.0 (The Dating Divas): Let us help you write the perfect love letter for your spouse with our delightful stationery.
3. DIY Wood Photo Frame Desktop Organizer (The Craft Patch): Don’t you think your sweetie would just love this in his or her office? Also, this project doesn’t require any tools or woodcutting. Bonus!
4. Alphabet of Love Gift (The Dating Divas): Show your spouse some loving from A-Z! All you need is paper, a printer, a pen, and yourself! You can file this under “Cheap Christmas Gifts They’ll Love!”
5. Home GPS Coordinates (Mama Cheaps): This sentimental gift features the GPS coordinates of your favorite place: home!
6. Best Day Ever Keychain (More Like Home): Make this sentimental keychain for your spouse. Choose a special day to your relationship (the day you met, the day you were married, etc.).
7. Reasons I Love You Jar (The Dating Divas): Here’s one for a spouse who loves chocolate and love notes! Fill up the jar with all the reasons why you love your spouse!
8. Wedding Song Wood Art (Addicted 2 DIY): Talk about gorgeous homemade Christmas gift ideas! This wood art is especially wonderful because it has your wedding song lyrics written on it.
9. DIY Anniversary Lock (Lovely Indeed): Engrave your anniversary dates onto a lock, and lock it onto a gate in your garden together! If you’re planning on going to Paris any time soon, you will be set with this homemade Christmas gift idea!
10. 52 Dates for Two (The Dating Divas): This is a date planner and a date journal all in one! Add your memories and pictures into the photo album as you go along.
11. Instagram Picture Frame (Small Stuff Counts): A small photo frame that easily allows you to change out the pictures, this would be an ideal homemade gift for a spouse’s office desk.
12. Wedding Picture Silhouette (A Crafted Passion): This silhouette is special and meaningful and one of the best cheap Christmas gifts for your spouse!
13. Couple’s Journal Jar (The Dating Divas): This weekly marriage journal includes 52 unique couple’s journal prompts. A little writing each week will result in a year’s worth of memories, love notes, thoughts, words of appreciation, and more!
Cheap Homemade Christmas Gifts for Him
14. DIY Beard Balm (Fireflies and Mudpies): Keep his beard soft and tame during winter with this homemade beard balm!
15. DIY Tool Roll (Sailrite): This DIY tool roll would be perfect for keeping in the car for emergencies.
16. Paracord Keychain (Taste of the Frontier): Not only is this gift super cheap, but it’s also simple to make. Your husband will just love this manly paracord keychain.
17. DIY Grill Rubs (Kojo Designs): This tutorial includes recipes for the grill rubs and free cute spice packet printables.
18. DIY Tie Rack (Craftaholics Anonymous): Does your husband have many ties but no way to organize them? Help him organize them in style with this simple, rustic tie rack.
19. Painted Wood Slice Coasters (Unoriginal Mom): Still looking for more cheap Christmas gifts? Try making these painted wood slice coasters. They’re perfect for the camper or hunter in your life!
20. Monogram Clay Keychains (Homey Oh My): We just love the simple design of these clay keychains!
21. DIY Easy Wall Decor (Mod Podge Rocks): This wall decor would be perfect for the sports lover in your life! We can imagine this hanging nicely in your husband’s Man Cave.
22. Nuts and Bolts Chess Set (Wonder How To): How incredibly creative is this chess set? We think this would be great for a handyman husband!
Cheap Homemade Christmas Gifts for Her
23. Mini Bath Bombs (Kojo Designs): Bath bombs are almost always a safe bet for women, especially when they are made from the heart by her husband!
24. DIY Ring Holders (The Saw Guy): Give your wife a beautiful place to place her rings with these ring holders. The Saw Guy has a step-by-step tutorial video you can follow.
25. Cork Coasters (The 36th Avenue): These coasters are not only gorgeous but durable as well. You probably have most of the materials lying around your home, too!
26. Casserole Tray (Shanty 2 Chic): What a unique solution to transporting a hot casserole dish to a holiday party! Not to mention, it’s super cheap to make, too!
27. Etched Wooden Utensils (Design Mom): These homemade Christmas gifts are pretty, unique, and inexpensive, though they don’t look cheap at all!
28. Pegboard Jewelry Organizer (The 36th Avenue): This pegboard organizer is not only an organizer for her jewelry but also makes unique wall decor. Trust us–she’ll love it!
29. Mason Jar Canisters (Let’s Create): Pretty and chic, these mason jar canisters are just the thing to make your wife for homemade Christmas gifts this year!
30. Foldable Recipe Stand (Cherished Bliss): This stand would be so handy in her kitchen. It also folds up for easy storage!
31. DIY $15 Wall Shelves (Shanty 2 Chic): Here’s a new homemade Christmas gift idea: build your wife some inexpensive shelving. You could even pair it with a gift card for her to buy new decor for your home.
Homemade Christmas Gifts: Romantic
32. Couple’s Calendar (The Dating Divas): This Couple’s Calendar is the gift that keeps on giving! With new prompts and date ideas for every day of the year, you and your wife will benefit from this homemade Christmas gift!
33. DIY Love Story Map (It’s Simply Lindsay): Uniquely display your love story with this love story map. You can pick locations special to your relationship, like where you first met, your wedding location, and your first house.
34. Open When Letters (The Dating Divas): Have a love letter ready to go for your loved one when they need it the most with these romantic “Open When Letters.”
35. Photo Collage Letters (It’s Always Autumn): Make these photo collage letters using paper mache letters, Mod Podge, and photos special to you and your spouse. These would look amazing in your home! (For an easy photo background remover, make sure to use Fotor!)
36. Date Night Jar (The Dating Divas): Never be stumped for what to do on date night ever again with this date night jar!
37. DIY His and Her Mugs (Dream State): Put your artistic talents to good use and make these adorable his and her mugs. We can just imagine snuggling by the fire while drinking hot cocoa in these cute mugs.
38. Sex Positions Jar (The Dating Divas): Spice up your bedroom with this steamy DIY jar full of sex positions for you and your sweetie to enjoy. This sex position match game is another sexy option for you! 😉
39. “Spooning” Frame (Culdesac Cool): How creative and clever is this romantic decor? Just add some spoonsand the year you were married. Now, you’ve got a unique homemade Christmas gift for your sweetie.
40. Year of Date Nights (The Dating Divas): Surprise your spouse with a whole year of dates! Even though it may seem daunting, we’ve made it super simple to pull off!
We hope this list helps you find the perfect homemade Christmas gift for your spouse this year! We know the extra time you put into their gift will make it extra meaningful. Now get out there and DIY!