Romantic at Home Valentines Day Dinner Ideas
Valentine’s day is all about celebrating with your loved one. Choosing to stay home instead of going out for Valentine’s day can be a great way to connect with your spouse! We absolutely LOVE the idea of a special Valentine’s at home, but we understand that some might be a little sad that you’re stuck at home for Valentine’s. If that’s you, chin up buttercup! We promise that a romantic dinner at home is something that you can get excited about! We’re here to give you some fabulous tips for making a simple Valentine dinner at home simple and special!
We’ve rounded ideas up to help create the perfect atmosphere to have a beautiful Valentine’s dinner and divided the inspiration up into 5 categories to make it easier for you to find what you need for your romantic Valentine dinner!
- Romantic Valentine Dinner Table Settings
- Valentines Day Dinner Ideas
- Romantic Valentines Desserts
- Romantic Valentine Dinner Date Themes
Whether you want to have your Valentine’s dinner at home because you are trying to save a little dough (that’s us)… or because staying home is a nice, relaxing way to spend Valentine’s day… you still want it to be a special night!
Romantic Valentine Dinner Table Settings
The most important part of a romantic dinner… is the dinner! Right? So you want to make sure you’ve really set the setting for a relaxed and special romantic Valentine dinner. If you create a unique and creative table setting, it is sure to send a message to your loved one… “I love you.” Here are some excellent Valentine’s day dinner ideas on how to create a beautiful table setting for your romantic Valentine dinner!
- Simple Tulips and China– I love the little platter with the candlesticks, tulips, and photos to make this simple table setting special.
- Personalized Menu Napkin Holder– Dress up the table and make dinner special by preparing a cute little menu napkin holder.
- Glitter and Glam Table– Glitter and spray paint are both tools you can use to make a table more glamorous.
- Table Runner– Now this is a creative idea!
- Rustic Valentine’s Day Setting– A rustic and romantic table setting using what you have. Who knew a little bit of washi tape and gift wrap could do wonders for a table!?
Valentines Day Dinner Ideas
For your Valentine’s day dinner, you might want to try cooking a simple Valentine’s dinner in the kitchen together. You may or may not be an excellent cook, but here are some great Valentine’s dinner ideas that will get you thinking. For the last several years, my husband and I have made a date night out of finding the best Valentine’s dinner recipes to try out for Valentine’s day. That way we are both excited about our special dinner. Cooking in the kitchen is one of my favorite ways to connect with my husband… and we always enjoy dinner more after flirting in the kitchen 😉 We’ve rounded up some romantic and simple Valentines dinner recipes that will help get you in the mood for a fun evening with your loved one!
- Chicken Cordon Bleu– Out of all the Valentine’s dinner recipes, this is a TRUE classic. I remember my husband made me Chicken Cordon Bleu for one of our very first Valentine’s.
- One-Pot Garlic Parmesan Pasta– Fast, easy and romantic. Can you say “Lady and the Tramp?”
- Lasagna Cupcakes– These Valentine’s dinner ideas get better and better with these lasagna cupcakes! Make a fancy dinner, even fancier, by making individualized Lasagna cupcakes. Genius!
- Chicken and Asparagus Crepes– Crepes are dainty, fancy and very unique. Plus you can dress them up and plate them so they look pretty! Very Valentines-y!!
- Steak and Shrimp Skewers– These Valentine’s dinner recipes won’t fail you with these steak and shrimp skewers! I love the creative plating, using the shrimp to make pretty hearts!
- Balsamic-Glazed Steak Rolls– Um… pretty sure any husband would be in heaven with these babies…
- Pink Pasta– This is simple, fun and a great way to make dinner special.
- Heart’s Desire Pizza– For those who want to keep it super simple. A heart-shaped pizza is always the answer.
- Red Pepper Filled Hearts– These are just adorable and could be a great appetizer.
Romantic Valentines Desserts
I know Valentine’s day dinner is important. But let’s be real! It’s always ALL about Valentine’s day DESSERT. With all these amazing Valentine’s dinner ideas, we couldn’t leave you without some yummy dessert options! There are a billion beautiful and romantic desserts out there. We’ve found some inspirational desserts to get your creative juices flowing. Any of these choices would be the perfect dessert for Valentine’s day dinner at home!
- Chocolate Pillows– Need I say more? I’d like to sleep on one of these sometime. I bet I’d have sweet dreams!!
- White Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake– This is one of my favorite romantic desserts and I always request it on special occasions. Make your own or order in!
- Raspberry Mousse– Mmmm… Now this, on the other hand, is my husband’s favorite dessert. Really anything with raspberries and he is ecstatic!
- Chocolate Trifle– Super easy dessert and so easy to make this look fancy! The options for the layers are endless.
- Lemon Mousse in a Chocolate Cup– I am so excited to try making a Chocolate Cup now to serve a special dessert in. This dessert to me says “love.”
- Cupcake Fondue– Try this unique version or any fondue. It is definitely a romantic dessert.
- Mini Heart Cookies– A super cute dessert that would be fun to make together or surprise your loved one with when they get home!
- Love Potion– Cast a spell or get your guy with a little love potion!
Romantic Valentine Dinner Date Themes
You might think themes are a little excessive, having a Valentine’s theme for your little party for 2 can make your Valentine’s dinner at home fun and memorable. If you want to take your simple Valentine’s dinner at home to the next level, try out one of these amazing dinner themes! This will also help you plan some fun activities for your evening!
- Je T’aime Hotel– Wishing you could travel for Valentine’s day… turn you home into your favorite luxurious hotel.
- Power Outage– Unplug. Have a special night without electronics, lights, etc. Be creative and use candles to light up your night!
- Romantic Rooftop Date– This is definitely one you only want to do if you have a safe roof. But imagine how romantic it would be up there?
- Loveseat Lounge– Need to kick back and relax? This is the perfect theme for your Valentine’s day! Pair this date with take-out that you plate nicely so it’s still a fancy dinner.
- Couple’s Cafe– Check out the printables to help you turn your dining room into a cozy couple’s cafe.
- Spa Night– I could really go for a Spa Night almost any night, but they are pretty rare. So a special Spa Night with my man would be very romantic!
- Room Service– Yes, please!! See how to use these printables to make for a fantastic Valentine’s date night.
Diva’s Romantic Valentine’s Playlist
In addition to all the great Valentine’s dinner ideas above, the divas have put together a playlist of their most favorite Romantic Love Songs that you can use to create a calm and romantic environment. A little background music will definitely help you and your man relax and enjoy the evening!