Romantic Couple Camping Date
Whether you’re an “outdoorsy” person or not, you’ll love this backyard camping date! You can make it into a rugged couples camp or comfortable, romantic camping experience. Most importantly, you can take this camping date far from home, or use these romantic camping ideas to set up right in your living room! So with the weather getting warmer, this is a perfect way to spend your date night enjoying the summer air! Because we have so many perfect backyard camping ideas, we know you will find the inspiration for creating your own unforgettable camping date. My husband and I did our own backyard campout the other weekend and had a blast—check it out!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
So I have to admit, my awesome husband actually came up with this romantic camping date idea. Then I “cute-ified” it with my own romantic camping ideas, but it was his couple camping plan to begin with! He’s always loved the outdoors and camping, but with a little one at home, it’s tricky to take an overnight getaway. This is the perfect way to escape—backyard camping! Or if you don’t have a yard, set up a tent in your living room! So let’s get to our best backyard camping ideas!
First, get your sweetheart excited about your couple’s camp date night coming up with this fun camping date invite! So is it not the cutest thing that the tent doors open?!
Also, if paper invites aren’t your thing, send a text with this fun little video! (This is SO up my alley! Saves ink and is super quick and easy). Download this file at the end of the post!
Backyard Camping Ideas
Here we are setting up the tent, this part alone was so much fun! The weather was so nice and pleasant, it just felt great to be outside! Make sure you grab lots of pillows, sleeping bags (maybe an air mattress) so you are nice and comfy inside.
Once you have your tent set up, here are some fun ideas of things to do for this romantic camping date:
- Tin Foil Dinners – Grab some grub and cook it over a fire or grill! Check out some fun recipes here to start planning out your own backyard camping date.
- Classic Cards – Playing cards is a classic camping activity! Check out all of our fun 2-player card games!
- Read a Book – Read a fun novel, or even a marriage improvement book together. So choose something that would give off the relaxing, silly, or romantic camping vibes you are wanting. Check out the Divas’ favorite books!
- Camping Cinema – If you aren’t in the mood to totally disconnect from electronics, you can watch a movie or show on your laptop or tablet!
- Campfire Stories – Use our printable campfire spinner to tell stories together (see below). Certainly, one of the best romantic camping ideas you can get is snuggling up by the campfire reminiscing on your own love story.
- Eat S’mores – Obviously, you need to try out our romantic s’mores game below or check out our Build a S’more Spinner designed for couple camping!
- Have a Kiss-a-Thon – Don’t forget chapstick! When Diva Kari and her husband first tried this date, they pulled out their make-out blanket to bring along in the tent. Now that’s making the most of couple camping!
- Flash Light Games – Scroll down to see some of the intimate games for two with a flashlight! Isn’t that what couples camp is all about?
- Camp Date Night Box – This adorable camping date night kit has everything you need for s’mores, getting cozy, and romance! Use KRUSH10 for 10% off!
Backyard Camping Activities
Whether or not you have an actual campfire, campfire stories are an essential part of a campout. So after you set up your couples camp, use this little campout spinner (with a flashlight or a bottle of bug spray – get creative!) to spin and tell a story based on the prompt. You might learn something new about each other! This is just one of our romantic camping ideas that will make your night unforgettable.
A key essential on a camping date night is S’MORES! My husband and I like to make them on our gas stove sometimes, but if you have a backyard fire pit, that’s much more romantic and legit. You can even bake s’mores in the oven if you’re doing an indoor campout!
We made up a fun little game of “earning” each element of your s’more. Draw a card and perform the romantic task before you receive your ingredients!
Intimate Couples Camping Ideas
You can’t have a campout without getting it on in the tent, right? Play a couple of sexy flashlight games together! WARNING: Make sure you are inside or have LOTS of privacy in your backyard before attempting some of these! We don’t want to give the neighbors that kind of show! So let’s turn up the heat on your backyard camping date!
This was such a fun way to get out of the house and get a little taste of camping, without going too far. And there was a clean bathroom just a few steps away – WIN-WIN! Cuddling up in the tent gave us a chance to connect without distractions.
Setting up your own backyard camping date is super easy. And I promise you’ll make your sweetie a HAPPY CAMPER by planning a romantic camping date in your backyard!
This is on my list of to-dos this summer. The hubby loves camping and since our normal vacation plans have been changed this will be great!
Such a fun way to change things up!
I love this!! Can’t wait to try it out.
This is adorable!
So glad you love it! Definitely a fun way to change things up!
Love this date night idea! Great for a date night (out but still in!)
See More Comments