Creative St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
Put on some green and celebrate the luck of the Irish with St. Patrick’s Day quotes and St. Patrick’s Day sayings! Whether you are throwing a St. Paddy’s Day party or are just looking for something festive to post or text, we have collected fun and funny St. Patrick’s Day quotes for the occasion!
So, continue reading to get in the holiday spirit and have a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Table of Contents
Happy St. Patrick’s Day Sayings
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go.” ― Unknown
2. “St. Patrick’s Day is an enchanted time—a day to begin transforming winter’s dreams into summer’s magic.” — Adrienne Cook
Long live the Irish. Long live their cheer. Long live our friendship. Year after year.” ― Unknown
4. “When you make a wee wish
on a green four-leafed clover,
may your belly stay full
and your cup runneth over.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
May the blessings of each day be the blessings you need the most.” — Irish blessing
One thought of the shamrock makes the whole world akin.” ― Unknown
May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.” — Irish blessing
8. “Imagine if we were all magical leprechauns, and every wish ever made on a four-leaf clover obliged us to help others obtain their wishes. Now imagine if people simply lived like this were true.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
9. “Legend says that each leaf of the clover has a meaning: the first is for hope, the second for faith, the third for love and, if you can find a four-leaf clover, the fourth leaf represents luck.” ― Jean LeGrand
10. “I shall ne’er chase rainbows again,
Knowing no pot o’ gold awaits at the end.
My Irish treasure is not there.
For ye, my love, abide with me here.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
So, also, the Irish celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in gratitude for the service which he did them in bringing to the Irish their most priceless possession—the gift of faith.” ―
Here’s to good Irish friends—never above you, never below you, always beside you.” ―
13. “To anyone with a drop of Irish blood in them, the land they live on is like their mother. It’s the only thing that lasts, that’s worth working for, worth fighting for.” — Alexandra Ripley
14. “The shamrock is a religious symbol.” — Stephen Colbert
15. “We are all a great deal luckier than we realize, we usually get what we want—or near enough.” — Roald Dahl
Funny St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part.” ― Unknown
17. “It’s simply this:
the Irish kiss,
a snog o’ bliss,
be blessed luck
from any miss.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
You’ve got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was.” — Irish proverb
Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.” — Colin Farrell
Saint Patrick was a gentleman, who, through strategy and stealth, drove all the snakes from Ireland. Here’s a toasting to his health. But not too many toastings lest you lose yourself and then forget the good Saint Patrick and see all those snakes again.”
— St. Patricks Day Toast
Never iron a four-leaf clover because you don’t want to press your luck.”
22. “Be sure to wear green
on March seventeen,
or else Irish leprechauns
pinch your bones clean!” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
23. “Irish History Fact: We invented whiskey, sarcasm & bare-knuckle brawling. All on the same night. In that order.” — Denis Leary
May the leprechauns dance over your bed and bring you sweet dreams.“
25. “St. Patrick’s Day always involves fighting, public urination, vomit.” ― A.D. Aliwat
Everybody is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day, but if your name is Eisenhower, you’ve got to wear something green to show it.” — Dwight D. Eisenhower
27. “You don’t believe in magic spells
or longings coming true.
Yet, head-to-toe you dress in green
on Patty’s Day, you do.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
28. “Every St. Patrick’s Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.” — Shane Leslie
29. “It’s not easy being green.” — Kermit the Frog
30. “The Irish don’t know what they want and are prepared to fight to the death to get it.”
— Sidney Littlewood
31. “The legend goes that St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland. I was thinking … that must be hard to put all the tiny seatbelts on all the snakes.”
Luck of the Irish St. Patrick’s Day Quotes
32. “There are only two classes of people—the Irish and those who wish they were Irish.” —Therese Duffy
May the luck of the Irish enfold you. May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.” ― Unknown
Whether it’s St. Patrick’s Day or not, everyone has a little luck o’ the Irish in them.” — Laura Sommers
Even when they have nothing, the Irish emit a kind of happiness, a joy.” — Fiona Shaw
36. “The heart of an Irishman is nothing but his imagination.” — George Bernard Shaw
37. “A best friend is like a four-leaf clover: hard to find and lucky to have.”
— Irish Saying
38. “Corned beef and cabbage and leprechaun men.
Colorful rainbows hide gold at their end.
Shamrocks and clovers with three leaves plus one.
Dress up in green—add a top hat for fun.
Steal a quick kiss from the lasses in red.
A tin whistle tune off the top of my head.
Friends, raise a goblet and offer this toast—
‘The luck of the Irish and health to our host!’” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
Ireland is a land of poets and legends, of dreamers and rebels.” — Nora Roberts
Luck is believing you’re lucky.” — Tennessee Williams
May the road rise to meet you. May the wind be always at your back.” — Irish blessing
42. “If you’re Irish, it doesn’t matter where you go—you’ll find family.” — Victoria Smurfit
Wherever you go and whatever you do, may the luck of the Irish be there with you.”
Leprechauns, castles, good luck, and laughter. Lullabies, dreams, and love ever after. A thousand welcomes when anyone comes…That’s the Irish for You!”
The amount of good luck coming your way depends on your willingness to act.” — Barbara Sher
An Irishman carries his heart in his hand.”
47. “Ireland has always been the home of the dreamer, the poet, and the storyteller.”
For each petal on the shamrock, this brings a wish your way: good health, good luck, and happiness for today and every day.” —Irish blessing
49. “When it comes to luck, you make your own.”
— Bruce Springsteen
50. “You can take a man out of Ireland, but you can’t take the Irishness out of the man.” — Tyson Fury
And just like that, you have read through all of the best St. Patrick’s Day quotes and sayings! We wish you a happy St. Patrick’s Day!
If you’re looking for even more St. Patrick’s Day inspo, make sure to check out these fun holiday posts!