Goodbye Gift Ideas
We Divas think that goodbyes stink! Though bidding farewell to a friend or loved one can be both hard and unhappy, some fun can be found in the form of a gift. But what do you when you’re on a budget or want to add a special touch?! Look no further! Our list of 40 goodbye gift ideas is chock-full of cheap and easy gifts for everyone from teachers to neighbors to co-workers! Some DIY and all affordable, we’re sure you’ll find something that will make parting ways a whole lot better!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
- Goodbye Gifts for Coworkers
- 31 Goodbye Gifts for Teachers
- Goodbye Gifts for Friends & Neighbors
- Goodbye Gifts for Grads
Ready to get gifting? Here we go!
Goodbye Gifts for Co-workers
Be they your cubicle or clump-mate, your boss or your subordinate, you’ve spent a lot of time with these folks. Show them how much you’ll miss them with these unique and on-theme gifts!
1. DIY Desk Organizer (Sugar and Cloth) – For keeping your pretty office things on display, a super easy and modern DIY Desk Organizer with a cork board. Feeling a little DIY-ish? Give this chic and easy organizer a shot!
2. Party In A Box (Bright Bold Design) – Take this birthday in a box idea and tweak it until it’s the perfect excuse for a going-away office partayyy!
3. Mug Cake + Tag (Strawberry Mommycakes for Capturing Joy With Kristen Duke) – Give them a little coffee/tea inspo (along with a well-deserved treat) and say adieu in style!
4. Painted Photo Bottle (Eighteen25) – These are so fun, easy, and inexpensive to make! Let the whole office get in on this DIY gift and get ready for the ooohs and ahhs!
5. Ombre Desk Calendar (Annabode for Homemade By Carmona) – So chic and on fleek, we’ve so got our eye on this DIY desk calendar. C’mon, who doesn’t want a pretty little desk calendar in their office?
7. New Job Survival Kit (Adorned Life) – Give a gift that is a little out of the ordinary but also creative while still being personal. Send them out the office door with style — and a lot of goodies!
8. Glittery Scissors + Printable (Persia Lou) – Great for a boss who’s been more like a mentor, this glitter-dipped office supply comes with a fabulous note of appreciation.
9. So Thankful Succulent (Eighteen25) – It’s time to tell those you love how thankful you are for them! Give them a little greenery to brighten up their new workspace along with a tag that declares your thanks!
10. DIY Photo Mug (Simply Kierste) – With the holidays coming up, think of all the people you could make one of these for! An office photo makes for the perfect addition to this DIY photo mug. You won’t be forgotten anytime soon!
Goodbye Gifts for Teachers
Give the educators in your life a little love and appreciation as you bid farewell to them and a fabulous school year!
11. Donut Thank You Tag (Happiness Is Homemade) – Now who doesn’t LOVE donuts?! Affix this printable tag to everyone’s favorite fried treat and say “Peace out!” to the school year in style!
12. Mint to Be a Teacher (The Creative Mom) – This is so adorable! Let that educator know just how special they are with this printable tag and a minty-fresh goodie.
13. Thanks a Latte Gift (Just Add Confetti) – Simply attach to a Starbucks gift card or other hot-drink holder and that teacher will know that you’ll miss them a latte. You can easily grab some gift cards here.
14. Gift Card Holders (Tatertots and Jello for Skip To My Lou) – The perfect addition to a last-minute gift, these printable gift card holders add a touch of color and charm! You will be totally prepared with ideas to thank your teachers!
15. Teacher Appreciation Print (Just Between Friends for Skip To My Lou) – This is so sweet! Let this elegant print do the talking and say your goodbyes to the teacher in your life.
17. Gift Card Holder (Blooming Homestead for Lil Luna) – Now this is a fun and simple teacher appreciation gift idea. Is your teacher a fan of color and gift cards? You need this!
18. Mason Jar Gift (Somewhat Simple) – Grab your free printable gift tags and show those teachers just how much you appreciate them with these darling mason jar gifts. We love anything that comes in a mason jar and your teacher will too!
19. Cone Gift Card Holder (Skip To My Lou) – This printable ice cream cone makes the perfect end-of-year teacher gift. Send off your teacher with a cool summer treat and this ice cream-themed gift cardholder.
20. Smart Cookie Tag (Make Bake Celebrate) – The end of the school year just wouldn’t be complete without a little sweet treat and this smart cookie gift tag.
Goodbye Gifts for Friends & Neighbors
These folks often become as close as family, so it sure is hard to see them go! Make their transition a little easier with these one-of-a-kind gifts, guaranteed to brighten their move.
23. Thanks a Bunch (Simply Kierste) – This is hilarious! Short on time but not on love? Affix this tag to a bouquet of posies and you are well on your way!
24. Poo-Pourri Gift + Tag (Capturing Joy With Kristen Duke) – Turn traditional goodbye gifts on their head with this witty and whimsical treat that is sure to be put to good use!
25. Moving Survival Kit (Joyfully Mad) – Packed with cleaning supplies and a whole lotta love, this is one goodbye gift that is sure to be appreciated.
26. Mini Instagram Magnets (Busy Being Jennifer) – Got some photo memories of those good times together? Transform them into something to use in their new home and you’ll be remembered forever!
27. Bloom Print (Simply Kierste) – Got a pal who’s nervous about the move ahead? Gift them this motivational print and remind them to shine!
28. Scentsational Neighbor (Printable Crush) – Tell them what a terrific neighbor they’ve been with this quick and easy goodbye gift! And as an added bonus, there are cute gift tags for mothers-to-be as well as teachers!
29. Moving Organization Kit (The Dating Divas) – Packed with everything they’ll need for a successful move, this is one goodbye gift you don’t want to pass up!
30. Photo Calendar Gift (The Polka Dot Chair) – Put those friendship photos to good use with this photo calendar gift that gives them twelve months of smiles.
Goodbye Gifts for Grads
They’ve made the grade and passed the test and now they’re off to one of the greatest adventures of their lives! Give those college-bound students a little goodbye lovin’ and show them how proud you are!
31. Colorful Pen Pal Kit (Crafting in the Rain) – This colorful pen pal kit! You can make one yourself in just about 15 minutes. Remind them to write home as often as possible with this cute pen pal kit!
32. DIY Adventure Notebook (Modge Podge Rocks!) – How fun is this gift?! Give them the gift of adventure and love with this DIY notebook that has us all sorts of ‘wow!’
33. Money Balloons (Sugar And Charm) – I LOVE this and I’m pretty sure everyone else will too! Perfect for a day when they’re short on cash, this fun and festive goodbye gift is sure to be appreciated!
34. Washi Tape Clothespins (The Pin Junkie) – This is so clever! Great for the new laundry-doer, these darling clothespins will be put to great use!
35. Dry Erase Frame (I Heart Naptime) – Perfect for those collegiate reminders, this DIY frame will show all your love.
36. Graduation Gifts Kit (The Dating Divas) – Packed with everything you’ll need for a successful grad gift, this done-for-you grad gift kit is both inexpensive and AWESOME.
37. ‘A Little Note’ Jar (The Chic Site) – Filled with sweet slips of both wisdom and fun, this heartwarming gift shows that goodbyes aren’t forever.
38. College Cleaning Kit (The Polka Dot Chair) – I love this idea! Send them on their way stocked up and ready to tackle those dorm-cleaning chores!
39. DIY Reading Pillow (Mood Fabrics) – The perfect gift for those long study sessions, this DIY pillow is great for both snoozes and studies.
40. Personalized Pot (DIY Candy) – This is so easy that it’s great for kids, teens, and adults — and you just need a few simple supplies! For the dorm room in need of a little something green, this personalized goodbye gift is absolutely perfect.
And there you go! You’re set to say goodbye!
So many great going away gifts to choose from! Now check out:
- Care Package Ideas for Boyfriend Long Distance
- Long Distance Birthday Ideas for a Boyfriend
- How to Surprise Your Boyfriend in a Long Distance Relationship
- Long Distance Anniversary
- How to Keep Love Alive in Long Distance Relationship
- Moving Organization Binder Printables
- Just Because Gifts for Boyfriends
- Printable Open When Letters for Boyfriend
- Gift Ideas
- Home & Family