Going Away Gifts
Chances are there will be a time in your life that you have to say goodbye to a close friend or family member. Perhaps they are moving, changing jobs, or transitioning to a new phase of life. We know saying goodbye can be really hard to do. However, to help ease the burden of bidding farewell, we put together an amazing list of going away gifts that we know you’ll love! In our opinion, these gift ideas can make the separation just a little bit easier! After that, you can focus on finding a time to see that wonderful person or people again in the future! On another note, are you on budget? No worries! This HUGE list of going away gifts for friends contains cheap and easy gift ideas for every budget. So, are you ready to dive in?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
First off, to help keep our list of going away gifts more organized, we split them up into 3 categories. Just click on each one to be taken straight to that type of gift!
Now, let’s jump right in and check out our going away gifts for those special co-workers of your’s that you hate to say goodbye to!
Goodbye to Coworker Gifts
Be they your cubicle mate, boss, or subordinate, you’ve likely spent a lot of time with your coworkers over the years. Because of that, saying goodbye to a special coworker can be SO hard. Make them smile as you say goodbye with a sweet going away gift. Additionally, show them how much you’ll miss them with these unique and on-theme gift ideas!
- DIY Desk Organizer (Sugar and Cloth) – Feeling a little DIY-ish? Give this chic and easy organizer a go!
- DIY Confetti Mousepad (Whit Speaks) – This idea is trimmed with gold and totally fun! Your coworker will remember you fondly as they use this personalized gift!
- Party In A Box (Bright Bold Design) – Take this birthday in a box idea and tweak it until it’s the perfect excuse for a going-away office partayyy!
- DIY Mini Zen Garden (Ruffled Blog) – Is he/she moving to a fast-paced new career? This mini zen garden will make for the PERFECT desk accessory.
- Mug Cake + Tag (Strawberry Mommycakes) – Give them a little coffee/tea inspo (along with a well-deserved treat) and say adieu in style!
- Painted Photo Bottle (Eighteen25) – Let the whole office get in on this DIY gift and get ready for the ooo’s and ahh’s!
- Mint Boss Lady Mug (Sweet Water Decor) – An exclusive design from Sweet Water Decor, we can’t help but be googoo over this ‘boss lady’ mug!
- Sorry to See You Go (Free Printables Online) – Haven’t got time to throw together a gift? Print out this free farewell card and you’re on your way!
- Glittery Scissors + Printable (Persia Lou) – This idea is great for a boss who’s been more like a mentor. Create an adorable glitter-dipped office supply gift. In addition, it comes with a fabulous note of appreciation!
- So Thankful Succulent (Eighteen25) – Give them a little greenery to brighten up their new workspace! Not to mention, this includes a little gift tag that declares your thanks!
- DIY Photo Mug (Simply Kierste) – An office photo makes for the perfect addition to this DIY photo mug. Not to mention, nobody hates a new mug!
Moving Away Gifts for Teachers
Are you are gearing up to say goodbye to your favorite, hard-working teacher? Unquestionably, these going away presents are just what you need. Above all, giving the educators in your life a little love and appreciation as you bid farewell to them will mean the world to them. On that note, here’s some fabulous going away gifts for teachers!
- Donut Thank You Tag (Happiness Is Homemade) – Affix this printable tag to everyone’s favorite fried treat. At that point, say ‘peace out!’ to the school year in style!
- Mint to Be a Teacher (The Creative Mom) – Let that educator know just how special they are with this printable tag and minty-fresh goodie.
- Thanks a Latte Gift (Just Add Confetti) – Simply attach to a Starbucks gift card or other hot-drink holder. Then, your teacher will know that you’ll miss them a latte! 😉 You can easily grab some gift cards here.
- Gift Card Holders (Tatertots and Jello for Skip To My Lou) – The perfect addition to a last minute gift, these printable gift card holders add a touch of color and charm!
- What I Like Most Print (Eighteen25) – This elegant gift, especially when framed, will be appreciated for years to come!
Are you looking for even more moving away gifts? Check out our super popular Teacher Appreciate Ideas post! Trust us. It will not disappoint!
Ideas for Friends & Neighbors
Finding the perfect going away gifts for friends and neighbors is one of the best ways to show them how much they mean to us. Most importantly, when it comes time to finally say goodbye, make their transition a little easier with these one-of-a-kind moving away gifts. However, don’t be too sad over the goodbye! Instead, focus on finding a time to see each other again to reconnect!
- Indoor S’mores Kit (My Baking Addiction) – Give those neighbors something to do in their new home that’s as fun as it is tasty! That being said, we actually found this indoor s’more maker that we highly recommend!
- Hand Lettered Pot (Printable Crush) – This idea is the perfect touch to a brand new stove or kitchen window. Not to mention, this personalized pot makes for a great goodbye gift!
- Letter Writing Kit (Katie the Scrapbook Lady) – Make sure those friends keep in touch with this darling ready to use letter kit.
- Moving Survival Kit (Joyfully Mad) – Packed with cleaning supplies and a whole lotta love, this is one goodbye gift that is sure to be appreciated.
- We’ll Be Blue Kit (Let’s Get Together) – Filled with all things blue (and a sweet tag too!) this goodbye gift will give them all the feels.
- Mini Instagram Magnets (Busy Being Jennifer) – Got some photo memories of those good times together? Transform them into something to use in their new home!
- Accordion Photo Book (Happy Go Lucky) – This idea includes a little DIY and a touch of charm! Try this accordion photo book that will remind them again and again of your love for them!
- Scentsational Neighbor (Printable Crush) – Tell them what a terrific neighbor they’ve been with this quick and easy goodbye gift!
- Moving Organization Kit (The Dating Divas) – First off, this is packed with everything they’ll need for a successful move. Second, this is one of our favorite moving away gifts that will help them with their move the very most!
- Personalized Door Mat (DIY Candy) – Send your goodbyes and well wishes at the same time with this idea! A personalized door mat is as fun to make as it is to give!
- Photo Calendar Gift (The Polka Dot Chair) – Put those friendship photos to good use with this photo calendar gift that gives them twelve months of smiles.
- DIY Housewarming Gift (The DIY Playbook) – Without a doubt, this idea is packed with everything they’ll need to get settled in their new home! Therefore, check out this DIY housewarming jar that is a great way to bid them adieu!
- Upcycled Pallet Sign (Lolly Jane) – How about gifting the perfect display for their new home? This upcycled pallet sign is both fun to make and to give.
- DIY Birdhouse Key Holder (Tried & True for DIY Candy) – Add a touch of charm and cheer to your friend’s new dwelling with this positively darling DIY birdhouse key holder!
In the end, a tight squeeze and a promise to keep in touch will be the ultimate gift when saying goodbye. However, we hope you enjoyed all of these going away gifts for friends and everyone in between!