50+ Back to School Hacks You’ll Totally Appreciate
Although the new school year is an exciting time, it can also be an overwhelming one. Well, not anymore! The Dating Divas have put together a list of back to school hacks that will make the school year a breeze for you and your family! We wanted to make the transition smooth and easy by providing you with the best back to school shopping hacks and organization supplies out there! Whether it’s being on time to school, organizing your papers, or trusting your kids with more independence, these parent-approved back to school life hacks make starting over so much easier! Let’s check them out!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
Heading back to school has never looked so easy with these fun and creative hacks! Click the links below to find exactly what you are looking for!
Back to School Hack Ideas
Take it from the experts: you should start preparing to head back to school early! Regardless of when you actually start, these back to school hacks that will make the transition smoother than you can imagine!
- 30 Ways to Celebrate Back to School – 30 back to school life hacks to celebrate the start of a new school year with your family!
- ‘Twas the Night Before School – Don’t forget to make the night before the first day of school special with this adorable tradition!
- Back to School Shopping Date – Turn this year’s shopping trip into a memorable one-on-one date with your son or daughter.
- Routine Chart – Make chores or assignments fun and help your children remember what they must do every day without having to nag!
- Back to School Photo Tips and Ideas – As you begin to check off your long to-do list, don’t forget to snap some meaningful back to school photos of your kids!
- Mom Hacks – Awesome mom hacks to create an easier school year – work smarter, not harder!
- Best Questions to Ask Teacher – Knowing the answers to these questions will help maximize your child’s education.
- Hack Your Home – These tips and tricks can streamline life at home this back-to-school season.
- Open House – Back to school open house events can be so informative. Here’s how to get the most out of the experience, according to teachers.
- 9 Things to Know – Additionally, this has excellent advice to make your back to school season easier.
- 80 After School Ideas – This post has 80 ideas to help every mom make their after school time a breeze!
- How to Prep – Educational experts weigh in on how parents can help their kids get ready for the school year.
- Back to School Tips – Here’s your grade-by-grade guide to help you and your kiddo feel ahead of the game this school year.
- After School Question Cards – “How was school today?” “Good.” Nope not today, kids! These conversation cards are perfect for chatting with your kids!
- Back to School Teacher Gift Ideas – Over 100 back to school teacher gifts just for you!
- Back to School Essentials – All of the back to school organization supplies your child needs is only one click away!
School Lunch Ideas
Check out the best school lunch ideas, recipes, and free printable lunch box love notes out there! Not to mention, some back to school lunch hacks that will make packing lunches so easy for everyone!
- Special Fridge Lunch Spot – Put all of your essential lunch food in a specific area in your fridge to stay organized.
- School Lunch Ideas for Kids – Change things up a bit and think outside the “lunchbox!” with these back to school ideas!
- Free Printable Lunch Box Love Notes – Mornings before school may give you no time to connect. Sometimes you wish you had one more minute to give them some love! Here you can give them all the love by slipping in adorable lunch notes for your kiddos!
- Create a Lunchbox Cabinet – Conquer those reusable plastic containers and store them alongside lunch box items to give you easy access.
- Pizza Wraps – Here’s a simple – no cooking or baking required – lunch idea! Plus it’s something other than a pb&j sandwich!
- Marshmallow Fruit Dip – Whip up this sweet and creamy dip in just 10 minutes! Your kids will love it!
- 1-2-3 Snack Mix – Salty and satisfying, this colorful, kid-friendly trail mix provides quick protein and energy by the handful.
- Turkey Ranch Wraps – Here’s a great lunch idea that’s ready to be gobbled up in no time. But don’t forget that ranch! Yum!
- Kiddie Crunch Mix – This no-bake snack mix is a real treat for kids, and you can easily increase the amount to fit your needs.
- Fruity Peanut Butter Pitas – These pitas are delicious and healthy!
- Meal Prep Hacks – Follow these easy tips for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner, and you’ll be golden for that first week and onwards.
- Pasta Salad in A Jar – Tie a plastic fork to the jar, and your kid’s lunch is good to go!
- Cookie Monster Popcorn – Surprise your kid with a fun treat – this will definitely light up their day!
- PB&J on A Stick – A unique twist to a PB&J!
- Peanut Butter Granola Pinwheels – Great for after school, and it’s speedy to make and filling enough to hold the kids until dinner.
- Bread Sushi Rolls – These Bread Sushi Rolls will satisfy your kid’s hunger so fast!
- 28 After-School Snacks – They’ll love these recipes so much that they’ll beg you to let their friends come over so they can show off your cooking skills.
Back to School Tips for Staying Organized
The last thing you want is for the progress reports, permission slips, and other important messages between you and your child’s teacher to enter into the bottom of the backpack or, worse yet, the “black hole.” Here are the best back to school organization hacks to keep your home running smoothly!
- Pack a Bag – Keep pre-made kits in your car, so you always have what you need.
- DIY Mudroom – Keep everything you need to fly out the door by the door, so you can avoid running around the house when it’s time to go.
- Bathroom Organization – Keep mornings running smoothly with an organized bathroom.
- Back to School Shopping Hacks – The best back to school shopping hacks just for you!
- Stay Connected – Download a family calendar app to keep everyone’s schedules straight and color-coded.
- Plan in Advance – Planning dinners, meetings, or play-dates in advance so you can stay on top of things!
- Daily Routine Schedule – Help your kids establish a morning, lunch, and bedtime schedule.
- DIY School Supplies – Keep your child’s supplies fun and exciting! But remember to personalize them to what your child interests!
- Dedicate a Homework Area – Make study time simple by stocking a caddy with the essentials.
- Put Them to Bed on Time – Young kids need 10 to 12 hours a night to feel energized the following day. Improve their sleep by adding a relaxing sound machine.
Need some fun and easy ways to keep your kid’s motivated with school work? Provide them with styled school supplies! Check out this list of great back to school organization supplies below! These items double as back to school hacks because they make you, and your kiddos, life EASIER!
- Organized Wall Calendar – Put this cute organization calendar where everyone can see it! But don’t forget to start over each month!
- Pen and Pencil Organizer – Keep clutter out of your kid’s life with this awesome three-piece desk organizer for their pens and pencils!
- Over the Door School Craft – Keep your crafts in one area and hidden!
- Over the Door Paper Files – The perfect way to store your papers! But don’t forget to take the time to go through them each year.
- Dry Erase Board – Write cute or informative notes to your children throughout the week! But keep them personalized to each child.
- Library Book Basket – Add a basket to your child’s room and have them put their books inside it!
- Label – Labeling items can keep things organized and know who or what it belongs to!
- Sticky Notes – For reminders you just can’t forget, write it on a sticky note and place it where it’s most helpful.
- Alarm Clock – Get your kids to wake up on time by providing them with an alarm clock!
- File Everything – Create a “home file” for the year with a file box or a cabinet drawer.
- Create a Supply Stash – Be prepared for those last-minute projects and have the supplies you need at home.
- Closet Organizer – A perfect back to school organization system to set up your child’s weekly outfits in their closet!
Needing more back to school hacks for your kids but don’t know where to find them? We’ve got you covered! Check out this School Celebration Kit and our ultimate list of First Day of School Traditions.