DIY Spa Day Ideas and Beauty Recipes
When I need some pampering, or just want to get gorgeous and relaxed for a date night with my man, I love to have fun doing at-home DIY spa day ideas and treatments. The great thing about a good DIY body scrub or facial, is that it costs very little (Always great to watch the budget, right?!), and many times these DIY spa ideas use items or products you already have at home. Plus, these DIY spa products also make great gift ideas for your girlfriends! From the hair on top of your head to your toes, we’ve put together a list of 25 relaxing home spa ideas for an easy DIY spa night that will have you feeling serene!
To make browsing all of these DIY spa day ideas even EASIER, we’ve divided the list into the following 5 categories:
- Facial Treatments For a DIY Spa Day
- Hair Treatments For a DIY Spa Day
- DIY Body Treatments
- The Best Home Spa Products
- Spa-Themed Date Ideas
Let’s take a look!
DIY Spa Day Facial Treatments
A fresh face is ALWAYS in! These recipes will give you just that.
- Carrot Juice for Skin – Ever use carrot juice on your face? That exact link is no longer available but this one has tons of benefits of carrot juice including acne prevention!
- Edible “Mud” Mask – All I have to say is “chocolate!” Give your face a refreshing and yummy pampering session with this DIY facial recipe from Essentially Eclectic.
- Blueberry Facial – Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and the main ingredient in this facial scrub from Amazon!
- DIY Chocolate Facial – I couldn’t help it! Here’s another chocolate based facial recipe, this one from Bubz Beauty. There’s also a fantastic step-by-step video!
- DIY Berry-Yogurt Mask – Here’s another facial treatment that uses berries, but adds in yogurt as well. Whole Living says blackberries have even more antioxidants than blueberries!
- Oatmeal and Honey Face Scrub– (the old link is no longer available) But we found a great one online! Oatmeal is soothing to the skin and works perfectly as a gentle exfoliant.
- Oatmeal and Honey Facial Mask – This moisturizing mask from Somewhat Simple uses milk, honey, and oatmeal to leave your skin super smooth and soft.
- Peppermint Cocoa Lip Balm – My favorite thing to do after a good facial or face scrub, is apply some balm to my lips. Now that they’ve been exfoliated, they need some moisture! This homemade balm recipe from Essentially Eclectic has the goodness of vitamin E added in.
- Rose Water Toner – Boil some rose petals and you’ve got the start to a rose water toner for your face! This recipe by Noob Cook is an all natural way to naturally balance your skin’s oil production.
- Citrus Facial Refresher – Dang, this link is no longer available 🙁 However, check out this yummy citrus exfoliator we found!
- DIY Eye Soothers – We don’t want to forget your eyes, right? This post at Whole Living has several ideas for soothing tired and puffy eyes.
- Avocado Face Mask (Babble) – Perfect for winter, this soothing mask is ultra moisturizing.
- Honey Cinnamon Mask (Hello, Glow) – Slough off that pesky dead skin to reveal a fresh, new face.
- Tumeric Clay Face Mask (Soap Queen) – Touted for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric is one DIY ingredient you don’t want to do without.
- Brightening Mask (The DIY Fridge) – In this easy DIY mask, lemon and turmeric work to brighten and refine.
- Honey Lemon Mask (Hot Beauty Health) – Only two ingredients are needed for this healing face mask.
- Chocolate Oatmeal Mask (Gourmande in the Kitchen) – This is one facial treatment that tastes as good as it feels! After all, you definitely need chocolate on your DIY spa day.
- Charcoal Facial Scrub (Soap Queen) – Charcoal takes center stage on this smoothing and exfoliating scrub.
- Pumpkin Pie Lip Balm & Scrub (Hello Glow) – This combo lip balm & scrub idea is the perfect addition to your list of fall beauty treatments!
- Coffee Mud Mask (Be Daze Live) – This caffeine-infused mud mask is sure to leave you bright eyed and bushy tailed!
- Essential Oil Cleanser (The Essential Family) – We love using essential oils as part of our natural beauty treatments, and this cleanser incorporates some of the best!
- Green Tea Exfoliator (Live Simply) – This green tea scrub is super affordable and contains many ingredients you already have on hand.
- Honey Face Wash (Blah Blah Magazine) – Tea tree oil and honey are all that’s needed for this clearing face wash!
- Facial Toner (Hello Glow) – Tighten and tone those pores with this easy to create facial toner. Try using it after your DIY spa day facial.
- Olive Oil Lip Scrub (The Wonder Forest) – Pucker up, princess! This lip scrub will have you feeling extra kissable in no time at all.
DIY Spa Day Hair Treatments
For luscious locks everyone’s jealous of, give these hair treatment ideas a go!
- Vinegar Honey Hair Rinse – Well ladies, we’ve made it all the way to our hair! This hair rinse from PopSugar will leave your hair glossy and hydrated.
- Natural Hair Conditioning Mask with Coconut & Honey – Here’s another fantastic example of how to use coconut oil. This hair treatment from Homemade Wellbeing also uses honey and lemon juice.
- Moisturizing Hair Treatment Mask – Here’s another moisturizing hair mask, but this one, from Pretty Gossip, uses avocado long known to be rich in moisture.
- DIY Hair Conditioner – Did you know you could make your own hair conditioner at home? This DIY hair conditioner recipe from BuzzFeed uses good ‘ole honey, olive oil, and coconut milk.
- Egg Whites Bring in Curls – I love this post here at The Dating Divas where Lisa shows us how to get beautiful curls using egg whites and a diffuser!
- Vegan Scalp Scrub (Seven Roses) – No animal products wanted? No problem! Be sure and add this DIY spa day recipe for cruelty-free perfection.
- Banana Hair Mask – This potassium-packed hair mask will help give you the luscious locks you’ve always dreamed of.
- Lavender Coconut Oil Treatment – As relaxing as it is healing, this coconut oil based treatment is just the ticket after a rough day.
- Coconut Milk Conditioner (Fab How) – Rich in essential vitamins and nutrients, this DIY conditioner will put life back into your scalp and hair.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse (Thrive Market) – Known for its PH balance restoring properties, this ACV rinse will make your hair far more manageable.
- Lemon Deep Hair Conditioner (Hairstyle Mag) – Moisturize like never before with this citrus-infused deep conditioner.
- Hair Growth Stimulating Conditioner (Alluring Soul) – Losing your locks? Give this hair growth stimulating conditioner a try!
- Scalp Exfoliator (Almost Exactly) – Sluff of excess sebum and product buildup for a healthy and balanced scalp.
- Ginger & Moringa Oil Conditioner (Soap Queen) – Known for its superfood properties, Moringa oil works in conjunction with ginger to give you a stimulating conditioner like no other.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Scalp Scrub (Hello Glow) – Detox your scalp and help it breathe with this ACV based scalp scrub. It’s a fantastic way to start your DIY spa day.
- Rosemary Mint Conditioner (Premediated Leftovers) – Long known as a hair-loss fighter, rosemary is the star ingredient of this DIY conditioner.
- Herbal Hair Rinse (Wellness Mama) – Essential herbs, apple cider vinegar, and water blend together for the perfect herbal rinse.
- Hair Growth Scalp Scrub (Best of Tips) – This easy breezy beauty treatment will help cleanse your follicles and promote hair growth.
- Rosemary Scalp Massage Oil (Aura Cacia) – This leave-in tonic will help you grow some seriously envy-worthy tresses.
- Hair Growth Oil Blend (Whole New Mom) – Is thinning hair affecting your life? Perhaps you’d like to grow your hair longer and stronger. Whatever the case, this one’s for you!
- Moisturizing Hair Mask (Body Unburdened) – Add this hair mask to your winter arsenal for some deep moisturization.
- Detangling Spray (Hello Glow) – Say goodbye to snarls and snags!
- Hair Repair Spray (Hello Glow) – From heat and styling products, to everything in between, our hair sure does take a beating. Restore it with this repairing hair spray.
- Overnight Hair Mask (Hello Glow) – Sleep your way to better hair with this easy overnight recipe.
- Deep Conditioning Mask (Little Green Dot) – Yogurt and honey work together to provide a deep conditioning mask you’ll love.
DIY Spa Day Body Treatments
For silky smooth skin from head-to-toe, be sure and try these DIY spa day treatments for the body.
- Herbal Foot Soak – This herbal twist on a foot soak from My Own Ideas features lavender, and bergamot petals.
- Lime Mint Foot Soak – Let’s start our easy DIY spa night with some lovin’ for your feet. Those dogs sure do get tired from all our hard work with our spouse and kiddos! Unfortunately this recipe is no longer available but we found a yummy lime coconut foot scrub!
- Peppermint Foot Scrub – Now that you’ve soaked your tired feet, give ’em a good scrub with this foot scrub recipe from Blah Blah Magazine. Peppermint is one of my favorite relaxing scents!
- Homemade Foot Balm – Now it’s time to moisturize your feet with this foot balm recipe from Elana’s Pantry. It uses shea butter, beeswax, and is a great example of how to use coconut oil to soften your skin. With sandal season in full swing, this is the perfect way to get those pretty feet looking gorgeous!
- The Perfect Pedicure – Wanna know how to do the perfect at-home pedicure? Check out this post from The Dating Divas with step by step instructions!
- Sugar Scrub Cubes Recipe – Who doesn’t love a good body scrub? There’s nothing quite like a gentle exfoliation! This easy recipe from The Idea Room can be catered to your preference with any essential oil.
- Coconut Lime Raw Sugar Scrub – Here’s another great DIY body scrub recipe, this one from Simple Designing. And get this… it only has THREE ingredients!
- Sleepy Baby Scrub – This is one DIY body scrub I can’t wait to try! Smart School House uses only three ingredients including Baby Bedtime Wash to create a relaxing scrub perfect for any type of skin.
- Honey & Lemon Foot Soak – This moisturizing and antibacterial foot soak is the perfect remedy for a day on your feet.
- Dry Brushing – Increase circulation and give yourself some serious head-to-toe exfoliation with this dry brushing technique.
- Milk & Honey Sugar Scrub – Quick and easy to make, this milk and honey sugar scrub will leave you feeling soft and smooth.
- DIY Massage Oil – Give your sweetie the perfect at-home massage with this DIY oil.
- Whipped Lavender Lotion – Is there anything better than a good lotion? There is if it’s whipped!
- Silky Hands Treatment – Silky smooth hands are just a few steps away. Be sure and add this idea to your DIY spa day.
- Sugar Hand Scrub – Dry, scaly hands will be a thing of the past once you try this olive oil and sugar based scrub.
- Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrub – Exfoliate and rejuvenate with this peppermint scented foot scrub.
- Rosemary & Rose Petal Foot Scrub – Is there anything more glamorous than fresh rosemary and rose petals? We don’t think so.
- Salt Foot Scrub – Watch in awe as sea salt and oils work to make your feet totally sandal ready.
- Sexy Massage Oil – Get ready to give the best sensual massage of your sweetie’s life with this DIY oil.
- DIY Pumpkin Spice Body Lotion (Scratch Mommy) – We love ANYTHING pumpkin spice, and this lotion is no exception!
- Lavender Oatmeal Bath Soak (The Wonder Forest) – This lavender scented bath soak will help you relax those cares away.
- Orange Green Tea Bath Salts (The Wonder Forest) – Refresh and replenish with ingredients such as orange and green tea.
- Whipped Body Butter (The Praire Homestead) – This DIY body butter is the perfect addition to your home spa day- and makes an excellent gift!
- Eucalyptus Mint Foot Soak (Personally Andrea) – Relax and unwind with this quick and easy to use foot soak.
- Rose Avocado Body Soak (The Free Spirited) – Three ingredients are all that’s standing between you and total bliss on your DIY spa day.
Must-Have Products for Home Spa Ideas
These ideas will help you turn your home into a serene spa-like sanctuary.
- Relaxation Fountain – The perfect addition to any home spa or DIY spa day, this water feature is as stunning as it is soothing.
- Bath Neck Pillow – Rest your neck on this made-for-the-bath pillow and soak your cares away.
- Gel Eye Mask – Perfect for dry or puffy eyes, this soothing gel mask is an absolute fave of ours.
- Dead Sea Bath Salts – Containing skin-friendly minerals and scented with coconut, these bath salts are definitely worth trying.
- Bath Bombs – If you haven’t tried a bath bomb, you’re seriously missing out!
- Lavender Bubble Bath – This ultra-calming, plant-based bubble bath is a super easy way to unwind.
- Jasmine & Ylang Ylang Candle – Take aromatherapy to a whole new level with this long-burning candle that looks as good as it smells.
- Sensual Massage Oil – Sensuality meets relaxation in this 100% natural massage oil.
- Green Tea & Pear Body Lotion – Calm and condition with this nutrient-infused body lotion.
- Electric Body Massager – Let this electric massager do all the work as you relax and unwind.
- Moisturizing Gloves & Socks – Simply slip these bad boys over your hands and feet for ultra moisture retention.
- Foot Spa – Soak your cares away with this at home foot spa. It’s the perfect addition to any DIY spa day.
- Pedicure File – Are cracked, scaly heels an issue? Not anymore!
- Exfoliating Foot Peel – Get your toes totally summer ready!
- Facial Headbands – Perfect for facial treatments, these headbands will keep your hair away and your face fresh.
- Spa Slippers – This 12-pack of disposable spa slippers are the perfect addition to your at-home foot treatments.
- Spa Robe – A crucial element of any spa attire, these robes are soft, comfortable, and have unisex sizing.
- Spa Music – Pump up the relaxation factor with this set of soothing spa sounds.
- Towel Steamer – Provide your own hot towels with this easy to use towel steamer.
- Essential Oil Diffuser – Add in a little aromatherapy to your home-spa atmosphere with this diffuser.
- Facial Steamer – Open your pores and clear out impurities with this at-home facial steamer.
- Dry Brush Set – This set is all that’s needed to experience the many benefits of dry brushing.
- Rainfall Shower Head – Give your old shower head the boot! This rainfall version promotes relaxation and rest.
- Bath Bubble Massage Mat – Turn your tub into a hot-tub like experience with this bubbling massage mat.
- Neck & Shoulder Heating Wrap – Relax your cares away with this heating neck and shoulder wrap- guaranteed to lessen the tension.
Home Spa Ideas for Dates
Are you looking to have a relaxing date with your sweetie? Check out the following ideas to make it happen!
- Sensual Massage – Now that you’re all pampered and relaxed, why not indulge in a sensual massage with your spouse. The perfect way to end your DIY spa night, this post from The Dating Divas gives you top notch instructions on the art of massage!
- Home Spa Ideas Date (The Dating Divas) – If you love pampering and relaxing, you’ll love this date idea!
- DIY Bedroom Recipes (The Dating Divas) – Take your DIY Spa ideas to the next level with these sexy bedroom recipes!
- Foot Rub Kit (The Dating Divas) – Give your ‘soul’mate a little something special with this foot rub kit. Add it to your list of things to do on your DIY Spa Day.
- Relaxation Kit (The Dating Divas) – A practically done for you kit, this idea will help the two of you relax and unwind.
- Sexy Room Service (The Dating Divas) – Nothing says a weekend at the spa like a little room service. This one has some super spice surprises!
- 7 Days of Spoiling (The Dating Divas) – Keep the pampering going for a whole week with this gift idea.
- 5 Senses Gift (The Dating Divas) – Packed with pampering and something for every sense, we know your sweetie will love this one.
- Blacklight Bath (The Dating Divas) – Turn off the lights and add some serious glow-in-the-dark fun to your soak.
- Steamy Shower Games (The Dating Divas) – Rinse your troubles away (and get a little frisky!) with these steamy shower games for two.
Now you have everything to have a relaxing spa night in the comfort of your own home! Hope you are able to relax and enjoy! We also have this bubble bath kit that will guarantee relaxation! If you are looking a way to incorporate date night into this spa night, check out our relaxing date night!