DIY Gift Ideas for Men
Ok, so is it just me, or are the men in our lives REALLY hard to find gifts for? I can find hundreds of gift idea/tutorials for the women in my life; older women, my mama-woman, little women, all of them! But to find something good for men, now there’s a different story! Are you in the same boat? If so, you will be SO GLAD that you checked our site today! We’ve gathered the best DIY gifts for men out there! So sit back, SCROLLAX (my new word for relaxing while scrolling, haha), and find that perfect gift for the men in your life. You’re welcome. We’ve got funny gifts for men, thoughtful gifts for men, DIY gifts for men, and gifts for the man who has everything and wants nothing!
Since we’re talking about gifts, we have one super easy one for you real quick! We have a fun set of ebooks for sale in our store, and we think you’ll love them. You can get ALL FOUR today! Click here to get the details and purchase now.
To make your DIY gift giving even easier, we’ve divided our list of DIY gifts for men into the following 4 categories:
- DIY Birthday Gifts for Men
- Christmas DIY Gifts for Men
- Valentine’s Day DIY Gifts for Men
- Father’s Day DIY Gifts for Men
Ready to take a look at the goods? Let’s go!
DIY Birthday Gifts for Men
Throw the confetti and cut the cake! Your guy’s birthday is about to get SO much better! Whether your husband is hard to shop for, or you need a birthday gift for a boyfriend who has everything, you’re sure to find a great idea below!
- Sporty Dates Kit – This set of gifts for men will have you sporting it up all year long!
- Comic Book Coasters – Have a comic book fan in your life? These comic book coasters are sure to be a hit with that crowd. They’re not only awesome in the super-hero category, but an awesome vintage-looking item as well!
- Bike Lunch Bag – If your husband bikes to work, or even just loves to ride, this is the gift for him!
- Relaxation Kit – Help him unwind with a basket of relaxing DIY gift ideas- perfect if he’s feeling a bit frazzled.
- Superhero Bank – Have you ever seen DIY gifts that are more fun than these?!
- Zen Garden – Have an office man in your life? I think this is the coolest gift for the guy that has to sit at a desk all day.
- Make Your Own Tickets & Basketball Date – A gift by diva Shanelle. She found an AWESOME way where you can make your own tickets! The possibilities for this idea are endless! She did basketball tickets to invite her spouse to their date, but you could almost make them for anything!
- Mouse Pad – This is such a fun idea from Design Sponge. They show how to hand paint a mouse pad using any design you want! I was thinking it would be fun to customize for the men in our lives, like an, ‘I Love You’ or ‘World’s Best Grandpa’ – things like that. Even just a simple heart or your kids’ handprint would be cute!
- Birthday Kit – The ultimate kit of DIY birthday gifts, this idea will make him feel like a king.
- “All About You” – Packed with DIY birthday gifts and funny gifts for men, this unique gift idea covers all the bases.
- Suspenders – Show him how chic he is with these homemade suspenders.
- 5 Senses Gift – He’ll really get a ‘sense’ of how much you love him with this DIY gifts kit.
- Sports Blanket – Check out this post by diva Lisa P., this would be a perfect gift for the sports fan!
- Bike Brake Clock – This is a cool clock for the man cave in your house. At first glance I didn’t realize how fabulous this item was, I thought ‘maybe someone who works on bikes would appreciate that.’ Then my husband comes up (who does NOT work on bikes nor is a mechanic of any kind) and said, ‘WHOA! That is an awesome clock.’ There you have it. A man has spoken. Men like this clock.
- Grill Apron – Show him who’s grillmaster with this do-it-yourself apron we absolutely adore.
- Soap Dispenser – If you’re looking for both functional yet funny gifts for men, you’ve found it!
- Text Messages – DIY gifts for men don’t have to be complicated and this amazing text pack proves it!
- Camping Stool – The perfect gift for a nature lover, this DIY camping stool goes along perfectly with this Camping Trip Kit.
- Sweet Treats – Raise your hand if your guy loves sweets! Add a little something extra with these printable messages that help turn them into fabulous DIY birthday gifts for men.
- T-Shirt Quilt – The gal from Lil Blue Boo used her daughter’s old dresses (but you could use your husband’s shirts) and made them into this darling quilt! What a fun memorabilia item from those old shirts that you don’t really want to wear anymore but don’t quite want to get rid of.
- Week of Spoiling – His birthday may only be one day, but help him celebrate all week long with this 7-day DIY gifts set.
- Guy Gift Kit – Spoil and surprise him with a box that’s packed with gifts he’s sure to love.
- Oversized Checkers – Why settle for ordinary DIY birthday gifts when you could do larger than life, extraordinary DIY gifts!
Christmas DIY Gifts for Men
Get in the holiday spirit with these DIY gifts for men that are totally Christmas-friendly! Men can be so hard to shop for. However, these are the perfect DIY gifts for men who have everything! He will love the extra effort you put in and remember this gift for years to come!
- 5 Senses Xmas – A clever spin on our classic 5 Senses gift, this Christmas version has everything you need to ring in the holidays.
- Lip Balm – Filled with essential oils and other all-natural ingredients, these lip balm DIY gifts will be a hit.
- Slippers Gift – Help him cozy up this winter with a DIY gifts pack that’s creative and practical.
- Date Night Kits – A year’s worth of DIY gifts and dates awaits with these Date Night Kits. We just love them!
- Chalkboard Globe -This cute chalkboard globe would be so cute as a sentimental gift to your significant other, especially if the two of you are travel bugs! This would also be fun if you met and/or married in a different country. You could mark all significant spots on this awesome globe.
- Cocoa Stirrers – Get your DIY gifts on Christmas style with these cocoa stirring spoons.
- 52 Dates Kit – A year’s worth of date ideas? Sign us up!
- Aftershave – DIY gifts for men don’t get much better than this!
- Knife Block – If your guy’s a chef, he’ll adore this handmade knife block.
- Date Night Guide – We’re all about the dating and these DIY gifts will help both of you make it happen!
- Cap Magnets – Turn something out of nothing with these fun, fridge-approved DIY gifts for men.
- Cement Planters – These cement planters have such an organic feel. I LOVE the way they look! They would make a great gift for the gardener guy in your life.
- Chalk Ornament – Coated in chalkboard paint and super easy to make, he’ll appreciate this thoughtful gift year after year.
- Shaving Cream – Scented with rosemary and unbelievably creamy, this is a definite winner.
- Beard Oil – Smooth and silky will be the name of the game with this DIY oil.
- Coffee Soap – Where are our mocha lovers at? Help your guy feel clean and fresh with this coffee scented concoction.
- Cup Cozy – Keep his cocoa or coffee hot with this DIY cup cozy.
- Guy Food Jar – This jar of DIY gift ideas is PERFECT for any of the men in your life.
- Paperweight – This doorknob paperweight will turn something average into something awesome!
- Monogram Chalkboard Mugs – I thought these were so simple and classy. I want to make a bunch of them!
- Laptop Riser – This is the best idea. Why haven’t I thought of something like this before? We like to watch movies on the laptop in bed and it’s always a struggle to get it set up in just the right place. Too hot for the laps; too low to sit on the bed. This would be perfect!
- Car Care – If your guy loves his car as much as ours do, he’ll be obsessed with this DIY gift ideas kit.
- Gamer Gift Kit – Gamers will be all over this video game themed gift kit that’s super easy to assemble!
- Travel Map – Yet another great idea from Lovely Indeed, this map is adorable! This is another great way to mark significant places, but for the US of A. I would love to make this with separate pins: places we’ve been, and places we still want to go!
Valentine’s Day DIY Gifts for Men
These DIY gifts for men are about to make hearts day a whole lot happier! Valentines Day is a hard holiday for finding a gift for the man who has everything and wants nothing, but we’ve collected some amazing DIY gift ideas for men!
- Pocket Pillow – Take Valentine’s Day DIY gifts for men to an entirely new level with this pocket pillow. How cute is that?!
- Monthly Letters – The gift that keeps on giving, these monthly love letters will keep the flame alive.
- Spouse IOU’s – Short on time and in need of some quick and easy Valentine’s DIY gifts? You’ve come to the right place!
- Passport to Love – Travel the world (without even leaving the house!) with these travel-themed gifts for men.
- Letter Magnets – Spell out exactly how much you love him with this fabulous and fun scrabble letter magnets.
- Sexy Service – Packed with DIY gift ideas that are perfect for Valentine’s Day, this idea will really spice things up.
- I Love You Poster – Quick and easy are the perfect way to describe these fun printable posters.
- Laptop Skins – Give his tech a little extra lovin’ with these do-it-yourself laptop skins.
- Romance Planner – Ramp up your love life with this- the king of romantic DIY gifts.
- Couple Map – Gift your guy this clever gift and make a note of your travels together!
- Wallet Surprise – These DIY gifts for men are not only easy but will give him quite the surprise!
- I Love You Jar – This customizable gift idea is the perfect way to tell him how much you love him.
- You Are Loved Plate – Another great post by Creamy Life, this gift is super inexpensive and super simple!
- ABC’s of Us – Remember the good-times from A to Z with this alphabet themed memory book.
- Accordion Book – Great for Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or other special occasions, this idea will have him walking down memory lane in no time.
- Kiss in your Pocket – How cute is this?? The final product is a little flip book that shows a kiss. It is so sweet! This would be awesome not only for a husband but you could make this of the kids for Grandmas and Grandpas too!
- Lyric Love Notes – Make a ‘note’ of your love for him with these music-themed funny gifts for men.
- Home is Wherever I’m with You) -I love, love, LOVE this post by diva Erika! It was originally an anniversary idea, but I think it’d be so cute for Christmas too!
- Cuddle Car Kit – I totally love this idea. The idea if having a cute little emergency cuddle kit is great. Everyone should have one.
- Memory Book – Document those good times with this adventure book that’s made just for couples!
- Sexy 5 Senses – Give him a basket filled with these sexy DIY gifts for men and he’ll be racing for the bedroom in no time at all.
- 10 Dates for 20 Dollars – I think this date jar would make such a fun Christmas gift. Check out the post from Corie to see more!
- Sexy Sticky Notes – Stick these spicy DIY gifts anywhere and everywhere for ultimate Valentine fun!
Father’s Day DIY Gifts for Men
Show dad how much he’s loved with these DIY gift ideas for men that are perfect for Father’s Day! These DIY gift ideas for men are so creative and thoughtful, they are just what you need to show your man how much you love and appreciate him!
- Dad Rocks Printable -Need a simple gift idea for the kids to give? Grab this free printable from Non-Toy Gifts, stick it in a frame, and wrap it up for Dad!
- Wallet – Noodlehead made this cute little wallet for her son, but I think it would be awesome for a man, too! It is complete with sections for putting cash and cards. I love anything that I can customize with my own fabric/colors.
- Basket Tags – Having trouble deciding which Father’s Day DIY gifts to give? This will help you decide!
- Snack Jars – The perfect DIY gifts for men who like to munch, these Father’s Day treats are sure to be loved.
- Homemade Skinny Ties – These are darling! A simple tutorial from the Purl Bee using any material you want! I am already thinking of coordinating ties for my husband and boys for family pictures!
- Gift Bags – Pack these clever gift backs with the Father’s Day DIY gift ideas of your choice and you’re ready to go!
- Hourly Celebration – Help him celebrate every hour of the day using this special idea.
- Pegboard Organizer -If your man is HANDY, this is the gift for him. I have a pretty handy man myself but our garage is a horror story! This would do SO much good in our garage. Maybe this present would be more for me than him…
- Candy Poster – With multiple options to choose from, these DIY gifts are a great way to get the kids involved.
- Tool Gift Kit – This is an awesome idea from darling doodles. She whipped up a little tool gift kit, along with FREE printables. Such a fun Christmas gift!
- Mustache Mug – Give his morning cup of joe a whole new makeover!
- To Pieces Jar – If you love him to pieces, you’ll love this one for sure.
- Oven Jerky – Yep. Jerky is one of my husband’s favorite snacks. How cool would that be to home-make a bunch of it, in your oven! My husband would love having a little bit of this to take to lunch every day.
- Knot Keychain – Boat loving men will be obsessed with this DIY keychain and we are too!
- Spice Blends – These spice blends are not only darling but are the perfect set of DIY gifts for men who love to cook.
- BBQ Rub – This is super cute. I love how she used the different spices in layers in a glass jar. This gift would be really inexpensive and looks adorable.
- Grill Towel – Help him wipe that brow and not burn those burgers with a DIY gift that’s super grill-friendly.
- Golf Club Head Covers – Now, my husband is not a golfer, but I have friends whose husbands are HUGE golf lovers (i.e. diva TARA)! This would be the perfect present for husbands like that. You could customize them however you want. I would love to add my own touches/use my husband’s favorite colors for this. The possibilities are endless!
- Token Tin – Give dad a few somethings that are super special with these coupon-inspired DIY gifts.
- Gone Fishing Printable Sign – This is another easy-peasy printable gift. If your husband likes to fish, this is the gift for him! Just print, prep, and you’re done!
- Lego Cufflinks – These are awesome. The guy over at Mike Shouts whipped these up for fun. I think they are so stinking cute and subtle enough that he could totally wear them to work.
- Open When Notes – Keep the love coming with this set of ‘open when’ letters.
- Necktie Pillow – This idea will help you take DIY funny gifts for men to a whole new level. We love it!
- Remote Caddy – My husband is always trying to track down the remotes (where do they always go anyway??). I think this would be an awesome start to an entire, “Dad’s RELAXING area” of the house. I’m already imagining a place for him to put his feet and maybe one of the caddy pockets could hold some TV snacks too 🙂
Spoil Your Man
Well, that’s all folks! I hope you enjoyed these DIY gift ideas and more importantly, I hope you found your perfect gift! Are you doing any cool DIY gift for your man? Let us know! We would LOVE to hear what you are making!!