Anniversary Ideas for Your Spouse
Once a year we get to celebrate the day we promised to love our best friend forever! This day is as special and as meaningful as you would make it. Time and time again we have had our fabulous readers emailing us asking for ideas for their anniversary. We were excited to put together this fun list of ideas to inspire your anniversary gift giving! So we have included several different categories to make sure you find something perfect for your husband or your wife! There are anniversary gifts for him and anniversary gifts for her! We have so much inspiration for anniversary presents, so grab a pen and jot down the ideas you love!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. To learn more about ’em, click here.
We have SO many resources for you to find the perfect anniversary ideas and inspiration. So after you find the perfect gift from this guide, make sure you check out Anniversary and Romantic Dinner Ideas, Intimate Anniversary Ideas, and our Anniversary Gifts By Year posts! This post is the perfect place to get your gift-giving juices flowing! We have compiled gifts by category so that you can find the perfect fit for your sweetheart.
- Anniversary Gifts for Her
- Anniversary Gifts for Him
- Presents for Him or Her
- DIY Anniversary Gifts
- Things to Do for an Anniversary
- Non-Physical Anniversary Gifts
With so many options to choose from you’re sure to find something perfect to celebrate your anniversary!
Anniversary Gift Ideas for Her
Your wife does so much for you. You want to get her something that makes her feel special, pampered, and excited! We have compiled ideas that are simple, sweet, thoughtful, and unique. Anniversary gifts for her don’t have to be extremely expensive to make her feel special. Thoughtful anniversary presents simply show that you listen to her and really, truly know her. So dig deep and try to think of anniversary gifts for her that will leave her feeling as special as she deserves. We have a great list of Awesome Anniversary Gifts perfect for her. Here are a handful of other items that would make for a timeless anniversary gift.
- Message in a Bottle – Does your sweetheart love romantic gestures? Well, this is as memorable and romantic as it gets! Use this site, or make your own. Maybe you could even snuggle up and watch the movie together.
- Create a Song – Your wife will love to have her very own song! The best part is, you don’t have to be a songwriter to give her this amazing gift.
- Name a Star – What’s more romantic than giving her a star that you have named after her? This would become one of the all-time best anniversary ideas if you make a night of it with our Star Gazing Date Night.
- Scheduled Flowers – Women love receiving flowers! This idea is genius! Subscribe for her to receive a beautifully designed bouquet weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! The gift that keeps on giving!
- Personalized M&M’s – If your wife is a chocolate lover, this is by far the SWEETest anniversary gift you could give!
Anniversary Gifts for Him
Men can be so hard to shop for. It’s just the truth. You want to get them something they will actually like and use, but you don’t want to get too cutesy and lose their interest. We have polled hundreds of men to find out what anniversary gift ideas for him he’s actually interested in. So find out the What Your Spouse Really Wants for an Anniversary. That post has so many ideas that will catch his eye and be the perfect complement to your anniversary celebrations! We also compiled 100 Romantic Gifts for Him. In case you need a few more tried and true ideas that will be a hit every time, check out the following anniversary gift ideas for him.
- Open When Letters – Give him a variety of envelopes that he will open at different designated times. With these anniversary presents he will feel the love for a long time to come!
- Sock Bouquet – Does your guy need practical things, like socks? So dress them up as a bouquet for a funny, yet useful gift!
- Sporting Event Tickets – Gift him tickets to go together to see his favorite team play!
- seXBOX – Turn up the heat and give him a gift he will remember for years to come!
- Hammock for Two – Hammocks are such a fun and relaxing gift. Make it a hammock for two and it’s the perfect romantic gift for him!
Anniversary Presents for Him or Her
Finding the perfect anniversary gift can be a challenge. On the one hand, you want to get something that your spouse will actually like, but on the other hand, you don’t want to buy anniversary presents that are meaningless. We came up with anniversary ideas that celebrate your love. These ideas are perfect for your husband OR for your wife! We also have a post where we polled men and women to see What Your Spouse Really Wants for an Anniversary Each idea is a cute way to say happy anniversary that he OR she is sure to love!
- Where We Met Print – This map is a piece of decor that is meaningful and stylish. It is a unique way to display where your love began!
- Personalized Blanket – Create a personalized blanket and snuggle up together to enjoy!
- Declaration of Love – Let your spouse know just how much you love them in the most official (and silly) way possible!
- Balloon Photos – Tie photos to balloon strings with little notes and comments on each. So this is such a fun anniversary surprise to come home to!
- Love Coupons – Coupons are a fun and easy way to give your spouse a gift they can use all year!
- Far Away Foods – If your spouse is a major foodie, you NEED to check out this site. They will bring popular food favorites from around the country right to your door! So tasty!
- Breakfast in Bed – Serving your sweetie a heart-themed breakfast in bed is always a great way to kick off your anniversary!
- Passport to Love – If you don’t have the money to have a big anniversary trip, this is definitely the next best thing! Each month have a date themed around a new exciting place!
- What I Love A to Z – So cute and so simple. Print off the cards and fill out what you love about your spouse starting with A and ending with Z!
An anniversary is a perfect time to get out your crafting supplies and get to work! Anniversary presents mean so much more when you make it with your own two hands. There’s something extra special about knowing that your spouse took the time to make an anniversary gift for you. We compiled a huge list of DIY Gifts for Him. Not only are these ideas crazy cute, but they will also mean so much more knowing that you put in the time to make them!
- Picture Poster – This DIY wall hanging heart poster is the perfect way to display all of your memories together throughout the years!
- Love Story Book – Create a tiny book filled with pictures and your love story. This is such a sweet and sentimental gift!
- Memory Jar – Reminiscing on old memories is the best way to celebrate your anniversary and reconnect with your sweetie.
- Canvas Photo – Make your own Canvas wall hanging using your own photo!
- Pin Map – Place pins on all of the places you have been and on all of the places you want to go together!
- Memory Map – This map is so cute and so easy to put together. You will love adding your own photos as you and your spouse travel together!
Things to Do for an Anniversary
Anniversaries are all about celebrating the years you have spent together. Why not get a gift that you can do together? Each of these gifts are fun ways to spend time together and connect. For our best list of Things to Do for an Anniversary check out our list of the best anniversary date ideas out there! There are so many unique and clever date ideas for making your anniversary extra special!
- Love Letter Journal – The perfect anniversary gift is one that keeps your love alive and growing. So give a love letter journal that you and your sweetie pass back and forth writing sweet love notes to each other!
- Q&A a Day – Answer one question together every day and create an amazing journal together!
- Datebox – Get a subscription box that comes right to your door each month with a fully prepared date with supplies and also everything else you need for a fun date night!
- Love is Sweet – Celebrate your anniversary with this fun, intimate game for the bedroom! So Sexy and so fun!
- Tandem Bike – You’re riding through life together, why not ride through the neighborhood together too?! Now, admit it, this is definitely one of our most fun anniversary ideas!
Experience Anniversary Ideas
One of our favorite anniversary ideas, that has become a tradition, is to take the money we would have spent on a physical gift, and use it to experience something new together! Take your love by the hand, go out and remember why you fell in love years ago! The best anniversary gift is one that makes a lasting memory. So check out Groupon for some deals on the great ideas below in your area, or for other local anniversary ideas.
- Couples Massage – Rather than spending money on a gift, put that money toward an afternoon of sweet relaxation and luxury.
- Concert Tickets – Find a nearby concert or event and get tickets for a fun night out!
- Plant a Garden – Planting a garden is a fun way to spend time together growing a garden that you will both get to enjoy for years to come!
- A Weekend Away – Take off for the weekend! Whether it’s a luxury vacation or a simple road trip, you will never regret spending that quality time together! So use our Getaway Checklist to plan a romantic trip without forgetting to do a thing!
- Get Your Hearts Pounding – Celebrate with a rush of adrenaline! Go skydiving, bungee jumping, zip lining, skinny dipping, or do something else that gets your heart pounding!
- Take a Dance Class – Get out of your comfort zone and try something new! Also, dance class is a fun way to get close and practice a new hobby together!
- Go Horseback Riding – Ride off into the sunset together! This is romance at it’s finest! Plus, you can add some fun to it by getting all the details on how Amanda put together our She’s All Country date!
- Go Back to the Place You First Met – To reignite the spark and bring back a flood of memories, plan a date to go back to the place you first met or to Recreate Your First Date!
- Go Camping and Watch the Sunrise – Camping is a meaningful, but inexpensive way to get away as just the two of you. Waking up early to watch the sunrise is always a good idea! If you’re camping don’t forget to Build S’mores and check out all of our Camping Tips and Camping Ideas to help you prep before you leave!
Anniversaries get our hearts fluttering! We have so many ideas to inspire you and make your own anniversary perfect. If you love traditional Anniversary Gifts by Year, we have all of the ideas you could ever need. Also, check out our Anniversary Dinner Ideas, and our Intimacy Anniversary Ideas for even more inspiration!