101 Ideas for Couples Fun
You know those nights when you want to hang out with your spouse but you’ve got no energy to think up a creative idea … so you end up in front of the TV or doing nothing at all? Well, say “good-bye” to those days and “hello” to a gigantic list of fun ideas! We’ve gathered all our favorite boredom busters in one place! Think of this list as your go-to list of fun games for when your bored! 😉
We have so many ideas for you that we had to split them up into different categories so you’d be able to find exactly what you’re looking for. Check out these boredom busters for:
- 25 At Home Boredom Busters
- 15 Quick Prep Boredom Busters
- 20 Around Town/Outdoor Boredom Busters
- 16 Game Boredom Busters
- 15 Intimate Boredom Busters
- 10 Craft Boredom Busters
At Home Boredom Busters
Great ideas to keep you busy without ever leaving the house!
3. Spa Date – Just want a relaxing evening? This date will spark a romantic mood AND help you chill out after a rough day.
10. New Parents Cozy Night In – It’s hard to get out and it’s hard to make any real plans at all as new parents, so these ideas are sure to help!
11. Date Night Bingo – This version of bingo will practically give you endless ideas for staying busy.
13. Football Tailgate – If you really can’t pry yourselves away from a game, at least make the night more interactive with these games during the big game.
14. Indoor Camping – Act like a kid again and create your own indoor fort.
15. Year of Dates – A date for each month of the year. Print these out and have them ready to go for any time you run out of ideas.
16. Read – Choose one of our absolute favorite marriage books and start reading together. Read aloud a chapter at a time and discuss ideas as you go or read on your own and make notes in the margins for your sweetie. You could even start a Couples Book Club.
17. Killer Couples Exercises – Take care of two things at once – spend quality time with your spouse and work on your abs. It’s win-win.
20. Pillow Talk – Sometimes all you need is a little conversation and these printables are here to help you get started.
21. Freezer Meal Challenge – One of the most practical things to do and you’ll enjoy the benefits for weeks to come.
22. Best Friends Night – Remember all the games you used to play with your best friend? Relive your youth and revisit those late nights with your bestie.
23. Love Shack – Escape to your own private love shack. You don’t need to let us know what happens there. 😉
24. Je T’aime Hotel – Turn your house into your perfect hotel for a special night without leaving town.
Quick to Prep Boredom Busters
No time to plan? These are the ideas for YOU! Easy games for couples!
27. First Word Game – Gain some insight into your spouse’s mind and play this simple, fast-paced game together.
31. Recreating a Past Photo – Choose a fun picture from your early days of dating and reminisce about that time as you try to recreate that snapshot in time.
33. Quiz and Interview – Learn more about each other with these discussion-provoking questions.
34. Conversation Starters – Get to know everything about your spouse by getting past the typical “How was your day?” question. These questions are perfect for dinner time instead of vegging out in front of the TV. Put them in a gorgeous jar so you’ll always have them out and handy!
35. Marriage Resolution – Work together to chat about what your want your relationship to look like and then create your own Marriage Resolution.
36. Madlibs – For some quick and easy laughs, print out a few of these.
38. People Watching – Get those creative juices flowing and start to imagine what it might be like to live in someone else’s shoes. The best part about this idea? NO materials required!
39. Sunrise/Sunset – Just take some time to enjoy the beauty of the world you live in. Catch a sunrise or sunset on a blanket together. If you’ve missed dawn or dusk, it’s still fun to observe the sky – clouds or stars!
40. Paper Airplanes – There are TONS of amazing things you could do with planes, but my all-time favorite is a classic paper airplane.
Around Town Boredom Busters
Got some extra time and you’re ready to leave the house behind? Try these fun ideas!
41. Library Date – The ideal activity for book lovers, use our printables to have some quiet fun.
42. Picnic Date – If it’s a nice day, grab a snack, drinks or an entire meal and head outside to eat. You can keep the outdoor entertainment going with some picnic games. Just make sure you grab your well-stocked picnic basket!
43. Book Store Date – Make your way to the nearest book store and go on a scavenger hunt!
44. Shopping Bingo – Our version of bingo will have you on the hunt at your local store (and if you wanted to snag a few treats while you’re there, we’d totally understand)!
45. Photobooth Hopping – Taking crazy pictures is a great way to spend some time with your love. We’ve got tons of photo props to help you out – and if you can’t make it out of the house, you could definitely set up your own camera or try a photobooth app on your tablet!
46. Mall Dare – It might be hard to convince your husband to take you to the mall, but once you get there he’ll realize how much more there is to do besides shopping.
47. Jokers Date – Act out all kinds of hilarious scenarios and check out the crazy looks you get from strangers who aren’t in on the joke. The perfect idea for any outgoing couple!
48. Discover a New Town – Pull out your map (okay, pull out your phone) and pick a nearby spot, then head out to see what treasures your neighboring town holds!
49. Tourist in Your Town – You don’t need to go far to enjoy the wonders of your own town. Too often we forget about the things that are right in our own backyards. Why not pick one new activity or restaurant to try every night for a week?!
50. Workout Date – Exercise is a pretty essential part of a healthy marriage – so why not do it together?
52. Sports Dates – There are TONS of ways to make sports a fun part of your daily routine. These ideas have even been Diva-tested!
53. Symphony Date – Don’t worry, this classy idea isn’t as expensive as it sounds.
54. Ding Dong Ditch – Giving treats to your neighbors doesn’t have to happen around the holidays. Create something sweet together and pass the love on! If you want the love to keep on going, try our Giving Jar.
56. Super Sweep – See how well you know your spouse’s favorite things!
57. Zoo Date – When you’ve got more than a little time on your hands, visit your local zoo – it’s not just for kids ya know!
58. Cozy Car Date – If you’re so cold you don’t like leaving the house, the activities on this date will help you stay warm while cruising around town.
59. Service Scavenger Hunt – Being kind to others creates a bond between two people. Everyone benefits from these sweet acts of kindness.
60. Garage Sales – Stash a little cash in your pocket and go!
Boredom Buster Games
Love a little competition? These games will have the winner and the loser laughing out loud.
62. Two-Player Games – Sometimes it’s tough to get a whole group together for game night, so this is the ultimate list of games for just the two of you.
64. The Newlywed Game – A Diva twist on the classic TV show, play to see if you can match your answers.
65. The Not-so Newlywed Game – So you’ve been married for more than a few years? Think you know everything there is to know about your spouse? These are the questions for you!
66. Getting to Know You Matching Game – A personalized matching game – you just might be surprised at what your spouse doesn’t know about you.
67. Deal or No Deal – Try to make a deal… in the bedroom!
68. The Price is Right – Play your own version of the TV show and see how well you know the market.
69. Couples Wacky Game Night – For the couple who love to laugh together… these game ideas will have you fits. It’s meant to be played with a group, but modifying it for just the two of you is a cinch.
70. If the Shoe Fits – All you need is shoes and the thoughtful questions included in our printables and you’re ready for this game full of opposing views.
71. Battle of the Sexes – The classic debate: Men vs. Women. Who will be the reigning champion??
72. Win it in a Minute Games – The best part about these fast-paced games is the timer – just ONE minute apiece. You can play as many or as few as you like. Also, you’ll be absolutely rolling on the floor with laughter!
74. All About Us Charades – A charades game that can be played over and over – it’s tailored to you and your spouse!
75. Couples Would You Rather – Decisions, decisions. Find out everything there is to know about your spouse’s preferences.
Intimate Boredom Busters
Saucy bedroom ideas – because there’s never an excuse to be bored in the bedroom!
77. Sexy Survey – Find out exactly what your spouse is looking for in the bedroom!
81. Strip Trivia – This post is no longer available on our site but you can see all of our intimacy ideas here!
82. Year Long Intimacy – These ideas are themed for every month of year to keep the love alive.
83. Sexy Tic-Tac-Toe – Sometimes the most simple games can create the most spectacular evenings.
86. Romantic Bedroom Games – Lots of ideas for making the bedroom even more fun than you ever imagined!
87. Steamy Bucket List – Talk to your spouse and create your own bedroom bucket list – then start crossing items off!
89. Sexy Spinner – A super simple idea for spicing up your bedroom activities.
91. Name That Treat – Part friendly competition, part eating yummy desserts – this idea will keep you entertained in so many ways!
Craft Boredom Busters
Creative and artsy ideas to make memories with your love.
93. Hint Box – Put together a box filled with hints about your favorite things and just wait, the love will start pouring in.
95. 100 Reasons I Love You – You could each make your own or work together and split the book 50-50 – maybe she takes odds and he takes evens!
96. I Love Us Printable Book – Discuss your favorite memories and the stories that make up your relationship and fill in all your favorites in this gorgeous book.
97. Love Letter of the Month – Set aside some time to each work on a love letter to each other. We like writing them at the same time and reading them to each other.
98. DIY Vacation Countdown – Plan your next trip and create a countdown to get you excited about it.
100. Our Story Wall Art – Think back on the most important days of your lives together and make note of them on this fun printable to decorate your home.
101. Open When Letters – The possibilities are practically endless for writing these letters together. You could work together to write them and give them to someone else, you could split the letters up and do half for you spouse while receiving the other half from your spouse OR you could each prepare ALL of them. It might even be fun to work on one letter a night.