How to Deal with Stress
Marriage is the absolute best, but when stress begins to creep in, things can get really hard and fast. When stress enters any relationship, it has the potential to create arguments and even disconnection. But by providing ways to relieve stress for your partner when he or she is struggling, not only can you learn how to deal with stress in a relationship, you’ll also create a bond that will bring you both closer together. So what happens when one or both of you begin to feel stressed out? Here you will be able to find over 70 ways on how to deal with stress in your own life and in your marriage!
With all of these ways on how to deal with stress, you’re sure to bring peace and harmony into your relationship once again. We’ve broken them up into 4 categories:
How to Manage Stress
Sometimes stress can bring out the worst in each other, and that is a recipe for relationship stress. Some ways on how to deal with stress in a relationship are first, focus on calmy approaching your partner. Second, Listen. And lastly, comfort each other first THEN focus on problem-solving. By simply giving your sweetheart gentle touches such as a hug or back scratch can provide that much-needed relief. With so many ways on how to manage stress, you are sure to have a relaxed and fun marriage that will ease the relationship stress.
- 10 Things to Help Stress – A lot of the stress in marriage is avoidable when both parties are aware of stressful triggers.
- 8 Ways to Reduce Stress – “We can’t stop the rain, but we can avoid getting soaked”- Nina Simone.
- Keep Stress From Hurting Your Marriage – If you’re looking for your marriage to have less stress and more time for each other, consider reading this awesome article.
- Couples Journal – Write down your memories with your sweetheart so that when times get tough, you can reminisce, and know that everything is going to be okay!
- Common Causes of Stress in Marriage – Read these common causes of stress to help you navigate how to cope with these issues.
- 12 Sports Dates – Excercise can act as a stress-reliever! So what are you waiting for? Get moving with these cute and fun sport date ideas!
- To-Do List – Making lists to relieve some of your stress can be extremely helpful in managing your stress.
- Take a Walk Date – Leisure activities can be a wonderful way to relieve stress, and getting some fresh air is a bonus too!
- Fancy Dinner – Create a luxurious environment for you and your sweetie that will help you both be in the moment.
- Positive Affirmations – If you’re constantly thinking about negative things, you’ll stress yourself out. Positive self-talk can help you develop a healthier outlook.
- Find Inspiration – Use inspirational sources to reignite that fire to get motivated and back-on-track.
- Spouse Comes First – This is a huge principle and key to reducing relationship stress.
- Date Ideas For Couples – Have fun together! Laughing together is a great medicine for stress.
- Speak Honesty – Honest marriages are better able to relax because they are just being themselves and have nothing to hide!
- Your Spouse Strengths – Pay attention to your spouse’s strengths: build-up, affirm, and encourage.
- Manage Financial Stress – With these 7 tips, you’ll find it easier to manage financial stress, especially during uncertain times!
- Budget – Budgeting: one of the TOP tips for managing financial stress. Learn how to make a budget with your sweetie!
Ways to Relieve Stress
Relationship stress is common for most couples. In fact, about eight in 10 Americans say they frequently feel stress or anxiety daily. And most don’t know how to deal with stress and anxiety! With so many ways to relieve stress linked below, you are able to sit back, relax, and enjoy these amazing tips on how to manage stress! Stressful life circumstances can play a huge role. Such as financial problems, health problems, or navigating through splitting the overwhelming amount of housework, clearly can create relationship stress. Here are 17 simple ways on how to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Relaxing Date Night for Two – A relaxing date night at home is exactly what a stressed couple needs!
- Backyard Movie Date – Spend some quality time with your sweetie while watching a movie in the comfort of your very own backyard!
- Chocolate Tasting Date Night – Nothing more satisfying than a big piece of chocolate melting in your mouth when you need it the most!
- Spa Date Night Kit – Relax and unwind with this incredible At-Home Spa Date Night!
- Date Night in a Box – Date night doesn’t get any easier than this – AND we did all the work for you! No, THAT’S stress-free!
- Free Date Ideas – Stressed for money? Take a deep breath. Here you will find free date night ideas that perfect solution for your problems: money or marriage.
- Conversation Starters – A strong marriage requires couples to be able to speak freely and openly about any topic, even if it’s stress-related.
- Read My Mind – This clever date will get you both thinking about your spouse instead of yourself!
- Indoor Fort – Packed to the brim with indoor games for adults, fort ideas, and indoor camping activities. This is the perfect option for some one-on-one time that’s totally unique.
- Service With Your Spouse – If you want to feel closer to your spouse, I highly suggest doing service for others with your spouse.
- Hammock Date – Spend quality time relaxing in a hammock!
- Pillow Talk Conversation Starters – Rest your head and get your spouse talking and enjoy time talking together.
- Couples Yoga – Yoga is a mind-body practice that combines physical poses, controlled breathing, and meditation or relaxation.
- Napping: Do’s and Don’ts – Napping can be effective in relieving stress and strengthening immune system function.
- 10 Most Relaxing Songs – Listening to music can have a tremendously relaxing effect on our minds and bodies.
- At-Home Spa – These ideas will give you all the ingredients you need to have a relaxing time!
- Sensual Massage – The benefits of massages demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain, and muscle tension.
How to Deal with Stress and Anxiety
When relationship stress comes to fruition, comforting each other can get a bit tricky. Arguments with your spouse are the last thing you need when you’re already trying to deal with a tough situation. But sadly, relationship stress increases if the way you talk with each other isn’t with gentleness and love. You can’t comfort your partner until you have comforted yourself! Focus on your breathing and take time to logically think through things. Then reach out to your partner when you are in the right mindset. Strive to apply these amazing tips on how to deal with stress and anxiety in a relationship into your daily life and see where it takes you!
- Communication in Marriage – Use this advice and learn how to communicate effectively in a relationship.
- How To Soothe Anxiety Attacks – Whether it’s you or your sweetie who is struggling, these tips can help you soothe one another.
- Everybody Wins Date Night – Take turns to choose a question and interacting with the love of your life! This will help you both learn how to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Couples Appreciation Journal – I can’t help but think what an extra special surprise this would be for a spouse whose love language is words of affirmation!
- Murder Mystery Group Date – Get your game on with your sweetie and friends to help relieve stress!
- Iron Chef Date Night – Cooking is a great way to spend time together and de-stress. So go grab your aprons and get ready for a good time!
- Hiking and Camping Guide – Get outdoors and breathe in the fresh air! This will be the perfect resource and guide for you!
- Under the Stars – S’mores and stargazing is an easy and fun date night for a romantic summer evening!
- Sports League – Join a local sports team together and make a few new friends while you’re at it.
- Meditation 101 – Meditation is an approach to training the mind, perfect for healing.
- Just Serve – Serving others causes a mental shift from “me” to “we!” This can be a huge stress relief while working on how to deal with stress and anxiety.
- Dog Park Locator – Playing with or petting an animal can increase levels of the stress-reducing hormone oxytocin and decrease the production of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Deep Breathing Exercises – This sends a message to your brain that you’re okay. This will help you and your sweetie’s mind, and body relax.
- Find a Therapist – Therapy can help people identify an unhealthy coping mechanism for stress and develop a healthy one to use instead.
- Phone-Free Date – Reconnect during a quiet and romantic dinner with your phone OFF.
- Comedy Night – Laughter is a powerful antidote to stress, pain, and conflict!
- Conversation Starters for Marriage – Allowing your partner to release and vent everything that got them worked up in the first place is a great step to move forward into full relaxation mode.
How to Deal With Stress in a Relationship
Stress impacts our relationship more than we are even aware of. Ways to avoid that from happening, we must learn some ways to relieve stress for your partner and for yourself. With so many ideas on how to deal with stress in life, one that is extremely important is working together as a team with your spouse. Learning how to deal with stress in a relationship will help you work together! So how do you know when your partner (or you) is stressed? Begin to see the signs! How does your sweetie act when they’re stressed? Watch their sleeping habits, eating habits, mood, or energy levels! Understanding the signs can better help you learn how to deal with relationship stress.
- 5 Love Languages – Have you and your sweetie take the quiz to see what your top 5 love languages are!
- Sticky Love Notes – Stick a love note anywhere and everywhere for your spouse!
- 50 Reasons Why I Love You – A great gift idea that is inexpensive, thoughtful, personal, easy to put together, and yummy!
- Happy Husband Kit – If you’re looking to brighten your husband’s stressful day – we have the PERFECT idea for you, and it’s FREE!
- 100 Free Printable Love Notes – Treat your sweetheart with a surprise love note in his car or under his pillow!
- Printable Snack Love Notes – Sneak a love note in his lunch box to brighten his workday!
- Car Treasure Hunt – If you’re looking for a way to make your spouse happy – this is a great option!
- 30 Days of Love – If your sweetie is going through a hard time, intentionally loving your spouse for a whole month can truly turn his life around!
- How Many Licks – Show your spouse some extra love with this exciting idea.
- Beats Solo Pro – Sometimes, all a person really needs to tune out the negative thoughts and turn on your favorite tunes.
- Anthropologie Capri Blue Candle – It’s a candle’s flame that helps to soothe our soul – reducing stress and increasing self-awareness.
- Weighted Blanket – By providing pressure on the body, these are designed to relieve stress and create a sense of calm.
- Bubble Bath Kit – Bubble baths are good for some “you” time, and you can focus purely on yourself and ignore all the stressful things going on outside of your bathroom.
- Himalayan Glow Natural Pink Salt Lamp – Salt lamps claim they can clean the air in your home, soothe allergies, boost your mood, and help you sleep.
- Essential Oil Diffuser – Having this in your home reduces the perception of stress, increase contentment, and decrease levels of cortisol, the “stress hormone.”
- Make-Out in Car Date – Get out of the house and get your kisses on! Physical touch can do a lot to relieve your stress.
- 80 Easy, Healthy Dinners – Consuming a healthy diet can help you combat stress over the long haul.
- Work as a Team – Working as a team and getting on the same page can help you both learn how to manage stress.